What 2 sub setup can hit 150+db got a budget of $1300?

Anonymous

Ok,got a $1300 budget for 2 subs and a amp or amps that will hit 150+db I need 2 subs cuz space is limited.Oh and BTW its going in a 1987 Buick Regal Im taking the back seat out and putting a box in its place.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1640
get a 15 inch RE MT from www.reaudio.com
get 2 viper 2500.1D's from www.ikesound.com (i think)get the quad voice coil model of the MT

Anonymous

All i need is 1 15" MT?

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1358
do you realize how loud that would be with like 2 15'' mt's and 4 orion 2500d's , ouch bye bye hearing

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 33
You will/may also need a ported box design, to buy or make the box, a new alternator, a stronger battery, a couple wiring kits, maybe a new head unit, and you will need to know how to install it all or have to dish up some more money for a professional install.
I may be missing something, I'm not sure.

Anonymous

What about 2 15" Re XXX's or Sx's will it hit 150+db with the right power?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Who's got a link of about how much RE sub's go for?

Anonymous

Could 2 15" Re XXX's or Sx's hit 150+db?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1368
get 2 15'' sx's with a orion 2500d , then post some results for us lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Back to my question..? ^^

Anonymous

So you think that will hit around them numbers?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 694
It's hard to say numbers off hand, because there are too many factors that influence these numbers. Get a couple MT's if you want to go SERIOUSLY "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" kind of loud, or get a couple of SX's and you should be bangin

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 695
but like Colby said, you can't spend all that $1300 in subs/amps. You will also need a HO alternator to run that kind of gear

Anonymous

who makes sx's?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1385
www.reaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1705
ive got a better plan. ive been trying to get some1 to do this for a long time. id do it myself if i was an SPL guy. get 2 audioque HD 15s. and one kicker kx2500 or orion 2500d. port them to 40hz. this setup should hit 150-155, and im sure somebody could even hit higher than that with it... although. remember its hard to guess numbers and install means almost everything. but audioque is a very serious subwoofer company.

www.audioque.com

Anonymous

Does them Audioque HD 15s have decent SQ?

Anonymous

Does them Audioque HD 15s have decent SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2152
try this sub. i bet it gets loud.

15" SI Mag D2

Quite simply the all-new SI Mag 15 is a bigger, badder, version of our 12" offering. If you desire deeper, harder hitting, more audacious bass than our 12", this is your subwoofer.

Providing most of the restoring force for the 15" assembly is a pair of eight inch diameter, progressive roll spiders. The spiders are mated to a black anodized aluminum former voice coil former with 20 gauge 2.4 inch tall aluminum windings. Such a large voice coil sounds heavy but in fact our coil is lighter than most 1" tall copper coils on 2.5 inch cores! The new cones we are using on the Mag 15 (the same as the 12) are a completely new proprietary blend of materials (mainly paper) which is dried and formed to yield a great stiffness-to-weight ratio.

A lot of companies just plop down larger moving assemblies with the same compliance spiders, surrounds, etc, on a motor and leave it. Here at SI, that doesn't cut it for us. We've kept the numbers in check by changing the suspension on our 15" compared to the 12" version. The suspension was changed to keep the numbers like Qes and Qts in check. The resulting attention to detail that has been paid to the 15" makes it suitable for sealed, vented, or IB alignments.

This driver was designed with both SPL and SQ in mind. It can blend extremely well, follow fast bass riff's, and drop down low with the best of them. At SI, we like to have our cake and eat it too. We like playing 8 Hz dinosaur stomps that shake steering columbs and entire vehicles and then going to another track with extremely tight kick drums.

More Information/pictures on the new Mag 15 are coming soon.

Recommended enclosures:

Sealed = 2.3 to 3 cubic feet.

Vented = 3.5 cubic feet tuned to 27 Hz.

The enclosure volumes above are after port and driver displacement.
15" driver displacement is 0.25 cubic feet.

T/S parameters:

Re: 3.5 Ohms
Fs: 22 Hz
Qms: 3.7
Qes: 0.39
Qts: 0.359
Cms: 197.84
Mms: 262.73
Vas: 184.32 liters
Sd: 810 cm^2
BL: 18.1 TM
SPL: 88.86 dB (1W/1M)

Power handling: 950 watts RMS

Mounting information:

14" cutout diameter
8 and 1/8'th" mounting depth

Price: $549 MSRP*

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 35
15 Stereo Integrity Mag will get you some good numbers. I would get two of those, i believe they are 450$ a piece shipped.

More importantly though is the enclosure. You need to get a well built, well planned box. This will make or break your sub. Also tuning to your vehicle's peak is good too.

But two of those Mags in a ported enclosure, probably 28hz will get you what you need. i live about 20mins away from Stereo Integrity and know Nick and its crazy what these subs do.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2153
alteraudiousa how do they do in a sealed? have you heard them in sealed. i am interested in buying 2 12inch mag d2 but i have space limitations. i also like the way subs sound sealed.

Bronze Member
Username: Radzer0

Post Number: 15
Get a vr2000d and a crossfire XT15F single sub in a ported box atleast 4cu ft tuned to 36hz.

Ive heard it compared next to a W7 in the same box and amp and it is a good bit louder. Only disadvantage is the amp will run you around $800. you can find the sub for around $300 if you search around.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 792
Anonoymous user got alot of answers, lol
*Rofl*

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 174
Two SXs will get your there and not kill your wallet. I'm pulling 145.6 on a TL with half power. Heard Two XXX 12s hit 148.8. It will still be a challenge getting those numbers considering the electrical upgrades needed

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 39
I used a Mag 12 D2 sealed in 1.7cu ft box and did 139db on the mic off 1200RMS and i think it was at 47hz. I changed the box to a 1.58cu ft box for daily usage and these things are crazy. Nick(owner of SI) has two 12s in his Teg off a Hifonics XX amp and plans to cblow away all local shops here. The SQ is like that of the Brahma and output is that of the XXX. Sorry SXs aren't even in the same class. Consider this, this one 12 in 1.75cu ft sealed sounded better and just as loud as a ED 16Ov.2 in a 2.2ct ft ported @28hz box. Is a complete SQL sub. And you can easily run 1000rms to it, i fed it 1300+rms at 65/80 on my volume and only reason i turned it down was clipping. I am now considering either doing two 12s or one 15. Just not sure how loud i want it.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2156
i think i am gonna go with 2 mag 12 d2s. they are going to be powered by 2 jl 1000/1. i think i have enough space to do 2 subs in 1.7cuft sealed. also was that 139db with one sub or two? i hope it was with 1 sub.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 293
Chad do you have a link, i want to see these mag 12d2s

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2157
www.stereointegrity.com

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1393
Do what I did:
2 15" Eclipse Ti Pros each hooked to a DA7232 4,000 watt amp in 3.5cu/ft. boxes tuned to 32Hz :P. It's loud enough that I've yet to come close to full volume. I still need to get her on the TL though... But I'm pretty sure it's over 150db...

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 724
wow, sounds nice

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 801
B4 sale prices

Resonant Engineering Pricelist
(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)
RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.
-------------
RE - 175wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm
SE - 600wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm
SX - 1000wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm
XXX - 1600wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm, QVC 2 & 1 available
MT - 2500wRMS to 5000wRMS -- DVC .7 & 1.4 ohm, QVC .7 & 1.4 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us