Anybody heard the infinity perfect components?

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 69
I'm looking for a set of 6.5 components and I've always liked the infinity kappa's. I've heard the diamond 661a and the boston pro. They both sound great. I can't fing any were that has the perfect 6.5, anyone heard it?

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 29
yep and you're better off with the Diamond or the BA's. The Perfect has a horribly sharp tweet. Stick with the BA's or look into other companies.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 904
I'd personally say the perfects hold their own against any in their price range.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 905
but then again, i haven't heard every comp set in that range...

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 72
not to sound dumb but don't you want a sharp tweeter?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 767
He's referring to the harshness and detail of the tweeter. A soft tweeter will be smoother, less harsh, and more forgiving of bad recordings. Generally, a metal tweeter is going to be harsh, very detailed and not forgiving at all when it comes to bad recordings. Easier to hear things in the high end.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 458
last time i was looking into it, the infinity perfects ran around 200 right? you can get a set of jl audio xr650's for around 199 off ebay before shipping, which IMO w/o personal experience would be better. personally i spent the extra 100 bucks and got some CDT HD-62's for 310 shipped and paid an extra 20$ for a 10 year warranty. they should arrive tomorrow :-)

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 48
words that end in "s" or have a sharp pronouciation will give you a rapsy sound with a metal tweet. Recordings do a little for the SQ but even with 311 Transistor CD they just have too harsh of a sound to them and EQing doesn't do too much to help. I would not say the perfects hold their own in the same price range as the CDT CL-62s or new CL-61's would sound just as good if not better and thats CDTs normal line.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5536
There are plenty of great metal tweets out there, but it's trickier to make a good metal tweet vs. a soft dome. I prefer a *good* metal dome to a soft dome on better recordings, but I turn to silk with more mainstream (poorly recorded) music.

The Infinity Perfect isn't what I consider a good metal tweet, at least not without some tuning. Run active it could have some potential, but better can be had.

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 56
if you're that worried about the tweet whether its a metal or a silk, CDT has the new drt-26 modular tweet. Expensive but very innovative. Each tweet has 3 different types two metals and one silk that you can interchange depending on your tastes.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 911
that would be fun, I'd swap them out at red lights. :-)

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 99
i'm sure its hards to switch out than doing it at a red light, but does give the ability to have a softer tweet on your side and a metal on the other side.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us