Power And Ground Wire Issues (Again)

Username: Edown

Post Number: 10
Well, I think I'm in the right section now as I got bitched at for posting in the wrong place instead of just answering the damn question I posted. Anyway, here's my problem:

I have a SCOSCHE 5 GAUGE POWER WIRE running from my battery to my amp, but I CAN'T find a 5 GAUGE GROUND WIRE anywhere in existence. Is it TRUE that I can cut a piece of the 5 GAUGE POWER wire and make it a 5 GAUGE GROUND WIRE, as long as it's hooked up correctly (Ground=Ground Outlet, Power=Power Outlet)? The writing on the cable says Ground/Power, and there doesn't seem to be a difference in the all the wires I have except the color and gauge. Someone please let me know if I'm doing the right thing and don't blow my amp!

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 430
yeah just use some of the power wire, an if your looking for ground an cant find 5 gauge just use 4 gauge

Bronze Member
Username: Edown

Post Number: 11
Oh, ok. I thought that a 4 and 5 gauge wire wasn't much of a difference, so I'll check that out. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 755
use a bigger ground, damn it dont have to be exact. as long as ground is same size at least; current flows negative.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us