Pioneer/premier makes the best head units....just for anyone wondering

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 797
anyone whos thinking about getting head unit.....pioneer/premier is the way to go...whatever your price range is you can get something good from that company

most on this forum will back this up

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2576
With few exceptions (high end Clarions and Alpine F#1 status), I would agree.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4984
Is Alpine any good?
I am mostly into Home Audio and know next to nothing about Car Audio units. Our vehicle is being outfitted with these...should keep our kids busy during long trips when I come back home.

I guess all the components are Alpine. What else do I need?
Alpine
IVAD310

iPod controller adaptor

Power Amp
MRA D550

Center Speaker
SBS 05DC

speakers all around
SPX 177r

Sub
SWX-1042D

Rear Monitor
TME M710

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2578
All great units. With the multimedia market, Alpine usually is the best. Interesting idea to use their new five channel theater amp. The only thing I see missing is an amp for the sub. I'm fairly sure the MRA D550 doesn't have its own amplified channel for the sub, rather, the preout for another amp to power the sub.

jah
Unregistered guest
Well jexx i like you statement but pls back it up with reasons and what are you criteria for saying premier is the best.Is it SQ ,DURABILITY, VALUE FOR MONEY or all this put together.
What about eclipse and nakamichi

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2579
I see Nakamichi and Eclipse as overpriced in most situations. I understand there are many who love one or both and wouldn't go any other way, but I honestly haven't found anything special about them.

The reason I say Premier is because it's the best overall. Reliability, value, sound quality, features etc. make them a wonderful decision-especially in comparison to other models in their class.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5038
Well Jexx I am getting these things sight unseen. So I need an amp for the subs? Any recommendations? I want to keep at Alpine just to make it easier.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2584
How many subs do you plan to install? These subs are power hungry from what I've seen...they handle 500-1000w RMS and amps in that range get fairly expensive. Some possible choices are the Rockford Fosgate Power T15002 and the Power T10001bd. They also offer the Punch P6001 but the sub would be slightly underpowered.

Of course there are other brands of amps that would be just as good if not better and possibly cheaper...

However, I think you would save a lot of trouble and money by just getting a JL sub or two accompanied by a JL amp. SX is also a great sub brand and worth looking into.

I hope that helps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5047
Nah, I just want 1 sub. I don't want to crowd my vehicle. What does Alpine have to offer with the Alpine sub I'm planning on getting.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2589
Ah, found it! The Alpine MRD-M1005 should be what you want.

jah
Unregistered guest
Jexx i hope you are not a salesperson for pioneer for you might have swung the pendelum in their favour in my books
cheers

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2590
I'm not a salesperson haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5064
Thanks, Jexx.

How's the iPod section coming along, are we still getting repeat questions?

You notice that I am installing an iPod controller with the system...hopefully I won't encounter any problems:-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2593
The iPod section has been a bit better, but yeah, repeat questions-mostly pertaining to video conversion...

From what I've seen, iPod controllers are all right, not too much to worry about.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2965
I own a Premier 860 and its simply one of the best out overall.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us