Which amp is better...budget amps

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 17
ok, i need a cheap amp. since i am pretty sure I fried mine...what is a good cheap amp with 2 channels @200watts rms per channel...I am thinking maybe a Sony Xplode or another Alphasonik like I had . my subs are 2- 10 inch 200watt max alphasonik q-reference series subs...yeah, I know CHEAP, but I got them both already mounted plus an amp for $53 shipped on e-bay....any suggestions out there please?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 788
get a mono amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Run both off a mono amp? and also...what brand is good?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 472
4 ohm subs, right?
The 600MSX refurb is dirt cheap at www.profilecaraudio.com and would do a pretty good job. About $70 shipped.

Millionbuy.com has the HA1000M (~$80) and AP1000M (~$110) which would both work well too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Hey Optidriven,
yeah 4 ohm subs...I'll check out the 600msx , Also...how do I wire the subs together to hook them up to the amp?
amp+ to one sub+
same subs- to other subs+
and other subs - to amp -
is that right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
WHOOPS, almost forgot...who makes the MSX and what are the specs on it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Just noticed the specs....300wattX1channel@4ohms would that be right, if i connected the subs like I said, and if so...wouldn't that blow my subs, they are only rated 200watts max

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 473
oh, 200 max - I was thinking 200 rms. The 400msx would be more appropriate. It's rated at 300rms, but realistically I'd expect about 250w from it. Should be fine for your subs.

You'd wire them like this
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Just one problem, the only place I can find that amp is profilecaraudio.com and they only accept credit cars. I dont have a credit card...what other alternatives are there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
OOPS. one more thing, my budget just went up... we're getting $1700 back from taxes, so I can get any amp. what would be better now...I still want to keep the same subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 73
man don't be fool, if you're getting 1700$ you can spend like 600$ and get a nice system, buy something powerful and sell those alphasonik subs.

you can make a good combo of 2 kicker comp vcr1204 dual 4ohm voice coil and buy an ultra linear amp 1700NR and connect them parallel and the you go, good sound for less than 400 and that's just one example

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
NO, I can't spend $600 for a nice system...I have to use most of it to pay bills, however I will have about $200 I can spend as I want...so what is a good amp for my needs?

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 74
well man i think you should buy the directed 750d from ikesound that is 80 or 90 dollars without shipping and buy 2 audioburn subs aw1251t cuz that amount of money is nothing. Try it if you want some bump in your ride

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Is audiobum really any better that alphasonik, and I laready have the alphasoniks in a box and ready to go anyway....and I can add some extra bump with the alphasoniks just need a mono amp to push about 150-200 watts to each of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us