Any experience with...

Username: Goneboating

Geneseo, IL US

Post Number: 1
Any experience with stereo's in boats? I am looking to up the stereo in my boat but don't really know what is the best way to go about doing so. I would assume that it would be similiar to convertible's and was looking for some help from that direction. As far as speakers go the current system is drastically underpowered (and cheap for that matter), but how much will clarity matter in an open boat? Do I need to be paying for crystal clear music when not in an enclosed inviornment such as a car? The current system has four 6.5" and two 5.25" with one 10" sub. Any suggestions on speakers that would be reasonably priced for such a situation?

Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 9
alot of the time there are specific "enclosures" and different materials used in marine audio due to moisture and all. Look at crutchfield or sounddomain.com

Username: Goneboating

Geneseo, IL US

Post Number: 2
Um I wasn't too concerned about the moisture as I will be boating on the Mississippi River and the fact that the speakers are positioned such that little to no water will be in contact. Really I guess I want to know if anybody has any experience with car speakers in an unenclosed area?

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 67
car speakerwill sound fine outside, my buddy has two infinity kappa components and two kappa 5 1/4 in his boat and they sound great. as for the sub, it can't be much differant that my jeep wrangler. when the top and doors are off, it's wide open.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us