Are 12" rockford stage 3's any good?

Anonymous

Are 12" rockford stage 3's any good?
I am looking to buy a few of these for my truck I have heard that they pound but I have not heard them yet.

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 298
my buddy has 2 P2's! they are ight but the cone has cracked on both so I wouldnt buy them! but they pound decant

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 312
no p3 suck
t1s are ok
t2s are good tho

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1395
RF has gone to sh1t. Look a different route. Even the T1 and T2's aren't that great when compared to other subs in their price range (like Eclipse).

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 51
Rockford has not been the same since they began a distribution deal with Best-Buy.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 264
how does the t2 compare to the ti in spl, sq, and lowness?

Bronze Member
Username: Black013

Post Number: 41
My friend has 2 p3's 12's and his car louder than 4 HE models RF so its all in the amp and the box

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 514
the T2s can get plenty loud. my friend has 2 15s and a 30001bd and i cant even sit in the car with them for long periods of time. for the price and such SX would be a better sub to get.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
i wanted to compare the t2 to the ti not the sx.

hey jake, are your friend's t2s good for a daily driver or are they just loud as fu.ck with no sq?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 516
He has them ported for mostly SPL but it doesnt have horrible SQ. They sound "thick" and the sq is much worse than my type Xs but its not really bad? haha i dont really know how to explain how they sound. They are loud as fu.ck however.

the only reason i didnt compare it to the Ti is because i havent heard a Ti in awhile so i dont really have a comment on them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
stupid question
do you think the t2s sq to be better than a 12" sony p5?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1400
Pelon: what type of enclosure(s) are we talking about? Overall, the Ti is much better for SQ in a sealed enclosure, and louder at the same time. But if going for SPL, the Ti is just a bit louder in a ported enclosure, and a little quicker to respond. Just my .02.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 520
Yeah it has better sq than a sony. Ive never heard the silver sonys but the red ones are bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
i dont know what to get.

a ti ported 12", a ti sealed 15", or 12" t2 ported.i will give them an all an enclosure around 1.75cu.ft.

i know the tis would sound better but i dont know the difference in spl between the three that i mentioned.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
The 12" Ti ported would be loudest if you have the right enclosure. And it wouldn't have quite the SQ as the sealed 15", but it'd be d@mn close...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1408
Sh1t, I hit 1,400 posts and I didn't even realize it...

(I need to lay off the peace pipe for a bit...)

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
actually ima use a 1.9cu.ft. enclosure from klausaudio.com. Ported or sealed.

are you sure the 12" ti ported will get the loudest?i thought the t2 would get louder.

wont the 15"ti sealed have less sq and be slower than the 12"ti ported cuz of larger mass?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us