Infinity 12's bump da trunk!!

Anonymous

has anyone ever heard an infinity kappa 12'snasty.gif

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1198
Yes, I've heard and seen the same pair literally explode. The cones cracked with the reccommended 350W RMS, so they're basically garbage.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 672
something must have not been hooked up right......I seen REF series subs with about 350 and they took it perfectly and got loud. The Kappa are supposed to be higher up too. Perhaps he had bad ones

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1199
They were used, and being run by a 350W RMS x 2 Kicker amp (old school Kicker amp lol), also used.

The install was done by a local shop the sells Kicker and Memphis. Although that hooked my subs up at 8 ohms to the amp...(Had to rewire to 2 ohms, since I had each sub running at 4 ohms). That was when I had my Volfenhags though.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 365
I have mine getting 400rms each from an old school orion amp, and they have been working excellent. I've had no problems.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5528
Infinities aren't exactly known for their power handling. They make pretty good stuff for the money, though.

Bronze Member
Username: Radzer0

Post Number: 14
What would you guys compare the perfect subs too?

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 273
i new a guy with 1200rms the big infintiy mono amp (well according to infinity) an he ran 2 kappa perfect 10's for a while it sounded great(except tweeter gave him double sub box and didnt make a wall...idiots it sound terrible turned up)anyway he messed on up when the tensile leads burned off...im am gonna buy both of them for 50$ 1 works fine the other...well can be fixed...cant wait till i get em

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 707
nothing wrong with 2 kappa's for $50
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us