Rear View Mirror

Kyle D
Unregistered guest
I just installed my subs and my rear view mirror vibrates like crazy....the noise makes not even want to own subs.....what can I do to stop it from shaking so much.....(if this matters..the mirror has like the directions your going and stuff...just trying to say that there is bulk of electronic things there)
THANKS ALOT :-)

Kyle D
Unregistered guest
Anyone? Please any suggestions would be good...

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 780
take it off...and put a layer of something between it and the window

Anonymous

just take it off and when you wanna look back just hold it up with your hands.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2144
lol anon

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 674
^^heh, what I done was jamed some sponge between the mirror and the bracket and I don't have that problem anymore

Kyle D
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all the info above...........i was looking at the mirror and only the mirror it self shakes and not the base the holds it.....so if I were to put dynamat or something around the mirror would it stop shaking? Thanks

Blair_aus
Unregistered guest
I had this problem. What i did was drilled 2 holes in the back of the mirror (the plastic casing) about 1/2 inch in diameter an then got sikaflex and filled the cavity. Then put 2 plugs in the holes to make it look neat.

This stopped all vibrations. The reason i drilled the holes is that the casing could not be romoved from the mirror. This should be a better sloution than slapping dynamat to the outside which would look terrible. Hope this helps

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5144
BASS BROKE OFF MY RV MIRROR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happened 2day after i readjusted some settings on my amps & u wouldn't believe me but - IT WAS BASS FROM A LOVE SONG !!! - who woulda thunk a slow jam would cause it !

Bet u all don't know it , ITS FROM D 90s -

Stevie B. "waiting for your love" .

It has nice clean thumpy slow bass hits & my RV mirror popped of & hit my fore arm whilst i was adjusting my deck .....ooooooh that bass felt so damn GOOD & i had it CRANKED UP ! ........Upload...
...Upload
...Upload

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 722
hehe........sounds like you had a great day!

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 810
lol, Rovin :D

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5148
crap - i typed the wrong song above

shoulda typed " STEVIE B. - When I dream about you " .......

Bronze Member
Username: Bret

Okc, Oklahoma Usa

Post Number: 48
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us