What are fillers?

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 37
I know this is a dumb question, but I see alot of people talking about filler in the rear deck. is it just a cheaper speaker for the back?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 447
rear fill? yes, typically just a basic pair of coaxials often using head unit power in an effort to provide sound for back seat passengers but still keep the "stage" up front.

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 47
dah, thats what I thought lol

Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 7
Why would one not want to have good sound come from the front and the rear as opposed to the front only. I never understood this. It would seem to me that if the front sounded excelent, then an excelent front and rear would sound even better right ???

Nick

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 456
Because, a sound quality set up is intended to sound as if the band is right there playing - that would be in front of you, not behind.

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 10
I guess that makes sense (LOL)

Anonymous

it is not written in the bible though ^^^^

if u like rear fill then by all means PUT SOME REARFILL SPEAKERS ! - after all its ONLY u that tha has to pleased .

Anonymous

what are some good rear fill 6 x 9's?? or what do some of you have that run good off the head unit?

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 11
Ive been fighting the same situation. Here is what I ve narrowed down the the top 5 or 6 sets of coaxials (not in any paticular order but IMO, the JL's @ the bottom of the list). Course there are different opinions which ones will sound better. But uhhh,like I said, Ive been fighting the same situation for the past 2 Months at least! And just to let cha know, everyone will tell U its prolly not the best move for the coax, but if Ur gonna get some, definately get one of these. Good luck with the decision(s).

MB Quart= RCE-269
CDT = CL-69X
DLS = R964 or DLS 962
Diamond Audio= D391i
Focal = 690CA
JL Audio = VR690-cxi or XR570-csi

***The JL Audio's "XR570-csi" are only 5x7's and will need a 5x7 to 6x9 adapter plate ***
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us