Help. IVA D300 Installation Problems

Unregistered guest
Well, I bought this Alpine IVA D300 unit. I have everything for it. Brain, wires, HU etc. Now. I connected the power wires to begin with to see what it looks like, hooked up the HU, hooked up the brain. I didnt hook up the foot break or the hand brake wire ....the unit turn on...well some what. the brain is on from what i can tell by the little fan spinning. the HU beeps a few times and then one long beep. Nothing happens. the screen does not come out..nor does anything else work. the little red power light just blinks really fast. i hope I didnt get duped with this buy. please any help would be nice. thanks. Oh I tried the reset button already. didnt bother to connect anything else cause of this problem.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1244
not sure, double check grounds, some units have multiple grounds

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 920
sure you hooked up the little DC-DC converter right??

just sounds like a bad connection, double check.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2556
Is the red ignition wire hooked up properly?

Zdriver350
Unregistered guest
DC-DC converter hooked up right...only one way it could fit. As for the ground..I hooked it up directly with the battery. There is only two ground wire from what I can see. One from the brain and one from the HU. Red Ignition wire was hooked up directly to battery too. This was just to test out the unit before I rip the car apart to install this unit. Help. Please

pnutz3333
Unregistered guest
i have a two amps can i connect them together

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2562
Where was the yellow battery constant wire hooked up?

quote:

i have a two amps can i connect them together

yep

zdriver350
Unregistered guest
the yellow wire was hook directly to the battery. and the red wire right with it too. the yellow is the main power wire and the red is just a switched power wire.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2563
You'd be surprised how many people don't know that.

Zdriver350
Unregistered guest
Yes, they may not know that, but that does not help my situation in anyway. People are talking about multiple grounds....sorry I would of noticed that. But damn I cant figure this thing out for the life of me. Im gonna try again in the morning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us