Confused??

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 463
alright, going to be installing my entire system this weekend and ran into some trouble when looking over it all. im going to be running infinity kappa (5.25") comps off a kicker kx150.2 and an RE SE off a JBL600.1 now, i can handle the sub, but im getting confused on how to run the wires on the components. the external crossovers that were included with the comps have a amplifier input/output, woofer input/output, and a tweeter inpute/output. my question is: since i am using an amp for the comps, is the factory wire coming from my HU for the stock speakers going to be used? or since the amp is providing the power, not the HU, it is just unhooked and stored away? any help would be great. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 911
no, the stock HU wires won't be used, just put something over then ends so they don't contact anything. or turn off the internal amp on the HU if you can. you'll have to run new speaker wires from the amp's output to the external crossover's input. then from the crossover, tweeter output to the tweeter, and woofer output to the woofer. and the same for the other side.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 464
thanks alot brandon. i appreciate the responce
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us