Jonathan, isaac or anyone else?

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 143
Hey i just tried to connect a amp to my indash tv and the subs turn on and everything but theres voice and bass coming out of the subs instead of just bass, i tried connecting it to the rear rcaand still the same. Theres no subwoofer rca.
And theres no features for the subwoofer on the screen. When i Press on treble - 7the voice goes away but theres no voice on my inside door speakers. And i press bass +7 it f#cken hits but the inside speakers sound all disosrted with too much bass. What do you guys think might be wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5266
Did you check the xover on the amp? Make sure it's set to LPF and the frequency set around 100Hz. That will get rid of "voices" on the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
yeah i moved to full pass and it was the same thing too right know is on lowpassBut i've tried the ampp and subs on another stereo and everything was fine it was hitting hard. And i connected it to the indash for the first time and this is what happened. Theres no subwoofer out put oly front and rear and both do the same thing. Is there something i can buy to make the voice go away and only bass pass thru. All the words that a person is singing goes through the subs i hate that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5267
Get a portable cd player and hook it up to the amp. Make sure the xover is set to LPF. Now play it. If you only get bass, then there's nothing wrong with the amp.
You have to determine if the problem is with your HU or the amp.
What kind of amp is it? What is the frequency set to? Some amps will go as high as 2K at LPF setting. That's enough to give you voices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
Its a punch 300 amp it only hass bass frequency and i have that at around 80 -90 the switch set to Low pass. Hey and i tried that portable cd thing and It was just bass it was hitting lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5273
If the amp works fine with a protable player, then you have a problem with the HU.
The problem could be with xover or lack of power going to the HU. I'd check the fuses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us