AHH help me make up my mind

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 418
ok, this is what i have now: pioneer 770mp, blown front stage, stock 6x9's, and 2 12" RE SE's and a re12.1 sitting behind me, working on box. my dad gave me permission to buy the componets and amp i want for my bday to replace my frontstage, and im taking the rear's out. i really narrowed it down to the jl xr650's and the Ascendant audio Arcos on preoder. im probably going to get a jl 300/2 for the amp. the question is, which set? and if i get the arcos, i have to wait til late march, and i want my subs in next friday, would my subs sound like a$s with only my stock 6x9's?

btw sorry for posting here no one answers in speakers section

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1159
well if it was me , i dont have enough patience to set around and wait for something like that , i would go ahead and get the jl's

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 419
what about the difference between the 2 componets? enough of a difference to worth the risk of buying componets that no one has heard and waiting an extra month-2 for them?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5070
that too is a worry ^^^ - ppl await something & then get dissapointed afterwards .
I'd rather pick a product that been around a while thats a proven performer .

btw - u will need high wattage comps in ur only using front stage to keep up with that amt of bass behind , maybe something in the 150wrms & up range ...

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1163
well i really cant answer that because im not familiar at all with any of aa's products , that does suck that no one has heard them and is able to tell you about them and having that long wait

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 743
yo matt.....that 12.1 cost you around $390?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1166
matt once you get finished you're going to have a nice setup

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 420
yea, it was exactly 390 shipped. btw, im talking to an authorized dealer from CDT now, hes offering me the CDT Audio HD-62 for 310 shipped brand new, how much better than the xr650's are they, and would they be able to keep up with my subs with around 150-200wrms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us