I need some help with this configuration please

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 738
i will be getting two RE 12.1amps

the RE 12.1 does not have rca output..but it does have a place so that you can connect two together...but if they are connected, you need a 2 ohm load rather than a 1 ohm.

i want to run each amp at 1 ohm

so...i have my rca cable running from the head unit to the amps....and i split the rcas, turning 2(left+right) into 4(2 lefts+2rights), so that i can plug in rcas into each amp. ive been told that this will work, but will i need a new original RCA cablefrom the HU, a thicker one maybe..becuase i am spliting it??

Bob365
Unregistered guest
Longer wire and splits can cause signal loss. Will you notice it? Maybe, maybe not. Thsi depends on your setup. If you upgrade your RCA, you just look for the correct length and better quality.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 186
whats a split?

Silver Member

Post Number: 742
instead of having one amp....only needing one left and right...im having two amps..therefore needing two lefts and two rights.

but if u only have one pair coming from the HU you need to split it into 2 pairs, so that you can fulfil both amps needs

so bob your saying that i can just get a very good quality RCA and split it to the two amps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 745
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us