Will I Get SQL?

Bronze Member
Username: Do_em_dirty816

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 55
I have 3 infinity 1230w subs and either going with the MB Quart RAA1000 I think or the orion 1200d depending which ever one I can get cheaper. Since I have 3 pretty good sq subs (from what I hear). Do you think I would get sql too...or just sq.

PS: What I mean is will I be heard from blocks away while also sounding clean and pure lol.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4672
not sure if u will be heard from blocks away (probably not) but they sound nice.. Maybe if u would have gotten the perfects it would have been diffrent

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 56
so do you think ill have good sql... or just clean tight bass?

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1123
id say just some nice clean bass

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 173
lets say i have one 12" and the sound waves travel like 200feet.

if i add another 12", i know itll be louder but does it mean the bass travels faerther too?

so itll travel like around 250feet? or will it stay at 200ft?

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 57
alright I guess thats good enough... do you guys think my amp choice is about right?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4674
great amp choices

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1127
they're half off at cardomain right now , id check it out , the orion that is

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 58
My last 2 questions right about now are what if I go ported, would that increase my chances of being heard from blocks away (LMAO). And having 3 subs in a sealed box, would it still sound right listening to rap and whill it hit hard?

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
it will be louder with ported but youll lose sq

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 59
and infinity are sq subs right = sealed box. Well I guess I got my decision made witht a sealed box, anyways thanks for all the help guys! ;-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
i would stay wIth sealed. i dont think those subs are made for ported

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1134
yea since you're wanting to be heard from blocks away and go ported , i think u def made the wrong decisions with subs , not saying urs are bad though

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 63
would my setup sound good with rap though still, cuz i want my setup to hit hard and I hear sealed gives you that tight punchy bass.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1142
yep you'll love the sound

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 64
alright thats basically all I wanted to know thanks for the help casey. ;-)

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1144
no problem man - enjoy the system

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
sorry nothing good will come with those subs. My one Mag 12 will probably beat yours in output and SQ in a ported box, yes I said my one 12. Your amp is a good choice but amps are only 30-40% of what really matters. Subs plays a big part and those subs aren't much. I've never liked Infinity and think they're more hype than anything. They stack up ok with CC and BB brands but put them in with JL, BA, or the internet brands and they're junk.

If you want SQL i'd suggest get a custom made box for those subs and not a prefab one. Port it and make it slightly smaller than specs to keep up the SQ.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1171
well if he likes them and he likes the way they sound so what ,

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1172
''They stack up ok with CC and BB brands but put them in with JL, BA, or the internet brands and they're junk.''
yea they stack up with them because cc sells them , and are you kidding me saying to put them in with jl , thats like comparing king kong to mini me ..it doesnt make any sense , he just wants his stuff to sound good

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4678
but that 1 mag will cost more, then his whole setup almost, i agree if u can afford better do better, but if not get the best u can

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1177
not everyone can afford to have expensive equipment and if they cant ? oh well , they'll find something cheaper that suits them and if they like it thats all that matters

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
i wasn't saying Infinity is in the same class as JL or whatever. The subs are cheap but theres others out there like ED that makes subs at comparable prices and still do much better. The Mag 12 is only 350$ shipped in US unless Nick changed his prices but when it gives the same if not slightly better results than a 12W7 its well worth the money.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 339
wow i have 2 0f those subs for sale... anyway i bet my soundstream rubicon 1000.2 would be perfect for ya..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us