Question

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 629
Ok, yea everyone knows that JL W7 is the best, in about 8 month im going to be gettin a new car, WRX STI. i have to start saving for all the stuff i want to do to it. now what are the best speakers and tweeders for inside? im looking for mainly SQ. i plan on gettin 2 10W7's. can you get the W7's sunk into the trunk? so you don't have a big box or what do you have to do, because i want to be notised but no one know where my system is

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 724
why not JL everything...

Silver Member

Post Number: 725
and...yes the w7 sounds very good...but i think you can get very close to it if not better for wayyy cheaper

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
well, i mean i want the best of the best for this car you know? the car is going to be my leaving home pres from comunity collage to universtiy. im gettin 20" lionhearts and custom carbon fiber spoiler. what i want is the absolute best auido period. like for SQ. im going to have my car fomed, its this sutff that people put in houses so you can't hear streets next to you, and it stops ALL vibration. i dont' care what the dealer is, as long as its something freaking awsome. i know SONY is the best of the best, but they are too expensive for me LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
haha well...i would get two w7's.....but the 12 inch ones

power each with a 1000/1 amp

and i know this kid who buys the best of the best for car audio....i mean ..money is not a factor for him.

he recomended CDT components....they are yellow haha, ill look for the actual model

Silver Member

Post Number: 727
http://www.cdtaudio.com/eurosport_series.htm

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 487
look at DLS or dynaudio speakers. you should always listen to a set of speakers before you buy them or else you will have no clue what to expect. sq is all about what you think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
anddd, the w7's are 3 ohms...so the only amps that will be PERFECT (not sacrificing any power that the amp can produce) for them is the 1000/1 bc it has the same output at all ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Grat81

Carbondale, IL USA

Post Number: 54
bleh, bleh and more bleh. Get an Evo, forget the STI. You don't wanna be cooked on a daily basis, do ya? ;)

-G

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2056
"Ok, yea everyone knows that JL W7 is the best"

ummmm, not so, sir. but they are among the best. here is a good stealth jl setup http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/DailyDriver_2006.pdf
it belongs to the chief engineer at jl, and he seems to love the sq.

"and i know this kid who buys the best of the best for car audio....i mean ..money is not a factor for him."

then here are a few "no-holds" options: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492/5

Gold Member

Post Number: 2057

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
ok, true the W7 isn't the best, i understand that. but what i should have said is JL is the best that i know of.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5059
what about Idmax 4 u - said to come very close & u won't have 2 worry about 3ohms & using only jl amps . Will save u about 1/2 the $ .....

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5502
It could be the best, just depends on if YOU like it. As long as you've weighed out your options and have chosen what works for you, that's what matters. Screw whatever anyone else thinks about it.

As far as subs, you know the options, they're on here on a daily basis :-)

Components, look into DLS, Dynaudio, SEAS, Rainbow, Morel, AVI, Polk Audio SRs, JL, of course there are others that don't come into mind. Or if you're loaded you could go with some really exotic components like Hertz Mille 3 ways, Rainbow References, things like that.

High end, I'm not big on CDT. IMO not worth it for the Eurosports or the 07s.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5503
I hear Dynaudios lineup will be updated fairly soon, too :-)

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 172
Eclipse TI and RE XXX are also on the same level as a W7

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1085
id go with a pair of 12'' idmax's nolimit

Silver Member

Post Number: 633
idmax's anyone have some specs on those, i'll look up if no one wants to post. i'll be savin up about 5k just for audio. thats amp subs speakers and tweeders, unless i can find a better HU than the alpine 9813 i'll stay with that one. so im pretty sure that $ wont be a problem, unless like idk, i can't think of the $ of the speakers and subs going above 5k, if so i'll bend the price. so cash wont' really be a problem. tell me what you guys think would be best for 5k. im working at a carl detalking dealership for Catillac:-) and i'll be getting 2 part time jobs. as far as the Evo is conserned, i would get one, BUT,no one in my family has a WRX, my cousin has a lancer 98, nothing special, but i don't want to have the same car as someone else in my family so yea... and the WRX STI have a better rep than the EVO... at least in scottsdale AZ they do

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5506
Mitsubishi is pretty close to bankrupt anyway. Not that I care, Mitsubishi sucks.

I imagine you don't want to lose kick panel room, so if you do a 3 way I'd recommend a set with a dome midrange, such as DLS Iridium 6.3 set, AVI Tri-Star BSMs, Dynaudio System 340 or 360 (if you can fit the 8" driver for the 360). A Morel Elate 9 3 way set would be badass, but I doubt you would have room or be willing to make room for the midbass driver. The Elate 6 3 ways are nice, though. For two ways, I'd recommend the SEAS Lotus Reference, Polk Audio SR6500s, Focal Utopias, Morel Elates, Dynaudio/DLS Iridium 2 ways. DLS has some new comps out called Nobeliums, too, haven't heard them, but they're the new top of the line.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5508
Oh yeah, Morel has new components and drivers coming out this year as well. A Supremo Piccolo lineup that will be even higher end than the Elates :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2062
"ok, true the W7 isn't the best, i understand that. but what i should have said is JL is the best that i know of."
don't misinterpret my point. jl is great. they are indeed among my favorites, but many people say they are great based on word of mouth and popularity. there are brands out now that are quite comparable (i'm sure i'm not telling you anything you don't already know).
the jlw6v2 is actually my personal favorite sub. but that's just me. if you ask the majority of folks on this site, they will proclaim RE as the elite king of the hill (w/AA hot on their heels :-) ). and even that is beginning to be based strictly on popularity.
so in essence, there is (no longer) a single "best" sub. it's arguable that jl had the industry monopolized in that respect for quite some time, but many manufacturers are now right there neck for neck. as far as entire product lines, i'd say jl is at the front of the pack, w/zapco close behind. with drivers though, there are just too many brands out there to say one is the ABSOLUTE best.
but hey, everything's relative.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2063
"Oh yeah, Morel has new components and drivers coming out this year as well. A Supremo Piccolo lineup that will be even higher end than the Elates"

and don't forget the Hybrid Legatias and Sebras

Gold Member

Post Number: 2064
"idmax's anyone have some specs on those"

hit the "link" under id max in the link i posted above.
their webpage is also on the last page of the second link.

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
Ok, weather it be eclips Ti RE XXX JL W7 and the AA's like this car is a pretty tight nit car, the trunk is i think it said 27 ^3 feet and i dont' want to be able to see the subs, i want them sunk in, and the interior speakers all in stock posistions and everything. i want as close to the best as i can possibly get that i can get at least 10 of you guys to agree on, because i mean, you all well, at least i KNOW chauncey (sp) Johnathan Rovin Mikechec9 and this GlassWolf character that i've heard about and some others know their stuff, as you all know i don't know diddly squat, and i want to be able to come on here next december or so and show pics of my new ride, and all my bomb as$ audio and just how sick my ride will look, and show you all what a real P1MP ride looks like...

Just to give you an idea
Midnight black paint job Diablo Lionheart 20" crome rims custom carbon fiber spoiler carbon fiber hood (painted midnight black) )i dont' like the off color for it)
zeanon head lights (the bluish looking lights)
red racing seats red underglow body kit, pulsating lights in the cab under seats (red) and what ever amp i get, if it has lights, red lights LOL...
I've thought alot about this

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5076
8 mths is along time & who knows better stuff keeps showing - look how all a sudden AA drops the bomb with their brand new great stuff .

Its best if u set a budget like u said & $ave un til the day ur ready 2 finally buy .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2068
You could choose from just about any combination from my "ten best list" and end up with equal results with the proper install. That's what is really key-the install.
People compete all the time with what they believe to be the best equipment, and they're all different. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The install is going to be the biggest factor. For example, as I alluded to previously, two of the best (Gary Biggs and Mark Eldridge) used jbl and kicker throughout their rides, and they mopped up because they know their audio.
I think the easiest thing to do would be to look at the items suggested on this thread, daydream about them in class/work (like I do), and then run it by Jonathan. imo, he is the most experienced member here and has likely actually heard a good number of the items. And if not, he still knows what to expect and basically how best to install and match the various models to your specific application (dash mount, kicks, a-pillars, x-over pts, passive/active, enclosure size vs available space...)
Also, visit different forums in the interim. There are gobs of threads that you can peruse with answers and discussion already there, so you won't have to necessarily wait on a reply. Further, feel free to use any of the links on my cardomain page. There is a lot of (what I find to be) valuable info there, including various other forums. I think a good place to start would be glass' site www.wickedcases.com
It's a very hard road once you spend all this money (experienced speaker here, lol) and you still don't have what you want how you want it. While getting it perfect initially (if ever) is likely never to happen, you still want to get as absolutely close as possible your first try.
So do your research first, and then go from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us