Which comp set?

Username: Bobok7787

Post Number: 6
Which would you choose?
-CDT HD's
-Diamond Audio HEX's
This decision is fricken a hard, ive been researching for A LONG time and i cant make up my mind, i have all diamond auido equipment, but ive also heard really good things about the HD's. Somebody give me some input

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 32
I just looked at the diamonds and they blew me away! The best i've ever heard.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 164
I know a lot of people on here like the CDT's and not too many people know aobut the diamond speakers. I know for sure i LOVE the diamond hex's, those speakers are SO smooth.

You hsould listen to both of them and then decide. That's the best way to do it.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 921
Go with the Hex's if you heard then and liked them. i had CDT's before, switched to JL Xr's, like the XR's a lot better. haven't heard Hex's though, no one around here sells them.

alteraudiousa2
Unregistered guest
i've had to old Hex's which were quite good. Smooth mids and highs. They are a little power hungry though the CDTs are too. Hex's are a little more install dependent to get good full imaging. CDT's technology is a little more forgiving and out of the box gives a full soundstage. Also if you go active, i've always liked the CDTs that way. And Brandon which CDT set did you have? I heard the XRs in a Civic and it sounded ok but nothing great. Mids didn't have depth to them and the sound wasn't as full as possible there were some underlining sounds that i was accustomed to hearing that the XRs didn't reproduce very well.

Either way both sets are good and may come down to price.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5516
XRs need more attention to install to shine. Installed correctly, I prefer them over CDT. Typical put it in the door install, I'd choose CDT.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5519
Really, the ONLY thing that sells CDT are their crossovers. Other than the crossovers, they're just a mildly modified version of generic Vifa drivers. Should you choose to go active, these drivers are readily available on madisound or other common sites that sell raw drivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us