Audiobahn a8002t

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 317
what do you guys have your gain set at? quarter way,half way, 3/4????

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 719
i dont have the amp....but it would differe from each person..depending on what your equalizer is set at..

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 319
runnning 2 subs 400 watts rms. and i am just wondering about,, where to set it...

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 319
we need to know what headunit you have or what the voltage it is to know where to set your gain

Bronze Member
Username: Jester10788

New Jersey U.S. of A!

Post Number: 20
LOL Bassman I'm faced with the same problem. Same exact amp, pushing 2 subs 400RMS each. Mines really low right now, running it off of the factory headunit. I'm gonna set it by ear using some of the strategies posted. One question tho, it says to turn the Bass and treble on the headunit all the way down and put the volume arund 3/4s. After the gain is set, is it safe to increase the treble? Also is it easy to tell when your gain is set to high, I'm gonna do it by ear but the last thing I wanna do is blow my subs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5242
A8002 can accept up to 8.5v. Therefore if your HU is 4v preout, then set the gain/level halfway.
It really depends on your HU.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 320
i have a kenwood KDC-128 cd HU...

could you help me out now??

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 321
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14769

http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKDC128

here is some sites of my cd player...... wut should i set the gain at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5250
kenwood KDC-128 is only 2v preout. Therefore on the amp, set it 1/4 more past the middle towards right.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 324
so basically, just a little over the middle point? or a little over half?

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 5254
Let's say to the left is 8.5 and to the right is .2v. So half way will give you approximately 4v. Since your HU is 2v, it should be a knotch towards right, almost halfway between middle and right.

Anonymous

can i just butt in here & quickly ask

where do i set mine if my 2 amps can only go up to 5v/4v each & my HU has 6.5v ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5257
You set it to minimum (all the way to the left) and make sure you don't max out the HU's volume.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 326
issac,

how loud would i be able to turn up my HU, pretty high?

also, that seems pretty high to turn the gain... halfway bewtween the midpoint and all the way up to the right... so this is right?

also, my "level" does have any sort of marking on the amp, i just turn it with a phillups to whatever.

Anonymous

thanks for answering me Isaac .
I had thought of that before & tried it but to me i find that the volume goes up too loud too fast so what i did was turn it 1/4 way up from minimum so that way i can can have more overal gradual control with my hu's vol knob

Is this ok or will it affect anything ?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 329
bump, issac

Gold Member

Post Number: 5258
Anonymous, keep the level to minimum, as in turned to the left.
Bassman3, turn the gain/level all the way to the left. Then with a liquid paper or a knife, put a mark on the dial. Then use that as a guide to determine where the middle is. That is how I did with some of my amps.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 330
thanks, how loud would i be able to turn my HU with my gain inbetween the middle and all the way up?

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 5265
I'd say 85%. Lot of the HUs will distort beyond that, thus burning out your sub/amp.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 332
is it ok if i set the gain halfway issac? because their is just too much bass when i turn it to the mid pont of hlafway and full.

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 5272
Sure, it's better than opening it up too much.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1183
Hey Isaac, my Kenwood HU is 4V pre-outs. So I can safely set the gain to the middle instead of, this, how it is set now?

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5275
You can set it a bit closer to the middle than the diagram.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1185
Sweet, although I wonder if that setting (400W RMS to each Assassin) will be too much for them? What they take right now is VERY loud, but it's probably more in the range of 350W RMS I'd guess...

What do you think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5276
You'll know if it's too much. The amp will get very hot and shut down.
That amp never got too hot nor shut down on me while testing.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 335
how much rms did it put out?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 337
how much rms did it put out?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1188
800W RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms.

Anonymous

i think he meant when issac was testing it?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1190
I know what he meant, and that's what it puts out (I know this from when I bought them amp and Isaac suggested it to me).

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 339
that is for the a8000t model right? but they should both put out the same.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1192
They both put out the same. A8000T is Class D, where A8002T is Class A/B. Just a difference in efficiency, but both put out 800W RMS.

Can't find the old intakes on their site anymore either since they replaced them with the newer, uglier lineup that is most likely identical on the inside, but with a digital voltmeter mounted on top, as to not have to buy it separately...*Sigh*.

Unregistered guest
WHat subs are you guys who own the a8002t running with it? I have heard very good and very bad things about this amp. I bought it and im waiting for it to warm up alittle outside for me to do the install (minnesota, not too warm in january...). Just wondering what you takes are.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1272
outside of the difference that the 8002 is stable at 4ohm bridged and the 8000 is 2ohm stable, it will determine what voice coil subs you buy.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1227
Audiobahn Assassin 12's. Sound great except I (MY FAULT, not the amp's lol) set the gain a bit too high based on some factors I hadn't factored in yet lol.

PLENTY of power though, and the SQ isn't bad at all for the price you pay for it. Good enough I bought a 4 channel model from the same series :-).

Unregistered guest
okay thanks I have just heard some nasty stuff about these amps and some great stuff too... thanks for the input! I actually bought the four channel version of this for my tweeters and 5 1/4" speakers (a6004t) and the other two channel version for my 6x9's (a4002t). Cant wait to get them in....

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1228
You could have run the 6x9's and the 5.25" components from the 6004T you know...Unless your components are 2 ohms...65W RMS is probably plenty to get your components and 6x9's moving.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 364
i am running the a8002t amp of of 2 kicker comp vrs. it hits like crazy! and is loud

Unregistered guest
well I bought the kappa 4 ohm 6x9's that say they want 110 watts rms. plus infinity kappa tweeters and 5 1/4 in speakers that want about 65 watts rms. Those will run off the a6004t... What info do you have on those assasin subs??? I cant find them online, are they new???

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 366
get some cvr's or some assasins i have heard both on this amp and they sound great. the cvrs in my opinion get a lil louder and lower but both a good.

Unregistered guest
oh hey bassman thats the setup im going for as well... two dual voice coil cvr 12" kicker subs...

Unregistered guest
I actually bought them already... just too damn cold out... I have a random question whats everyones prefered sound dampening? I would look in the other forums but there's so much crap to look through and no decisive answer! Thanks much

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 368
yea. i would go for it. I got this specialy made kicker sub box with 2 12 cvr in it spesially tuned for those subs and it sounds great. its on ebay, but someone just bought them. so you may have to wait like a week. i got my same ones on ebay and they were 185 + 55 shipping for the box and both subs which is really good.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 369
oh ok. nm then. yea it is cold. but it took me like 10 minutes to install. do u have the 4 ohm or 2 ohm version, and are you makin a box?

Unregistered guest
I bought a sealed box, just over 1 cubic foot for each I think. Dual 4 ohm with the a8002t. I drive a 1998 Buick and I dont have any wiring in it yet (I used to drive a 79 caprice which was much easier to disasemble and replace the door speakers and run wiring). Its gonna probably take me a full day cuz I have to pry the door panels off, run my 0 guage power wire (dont want to have to do it again), mount my fuse, find 4 ground points, and run Rca cables (prob forgot something, but ill remember later). Hey would you say to generally avoid a distribution block to combine the grounds (4 4guage to one 0 guage)? Finding 4 points (3 amps and the capacitor) will not be fun but I was under the impression combining them would not be good. Also how can I hook up all three REM wires to my deck?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1231
Well, I'm going to say just the opposite of Bassman.

IMO the Assassins get a good bit louder, extend and play lower frequencies much louder and accurately as well as are a bit underrated.

I have mine running 400W RMS each, and they seem to want some more...

I personally don't think Kicker has much SQ at all.

For Assassin info:

www.ascendantaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us