Build or buy?

Bronze Member
Username: Bp317

Post Number: 26
well, i have everything i need for my system right now except for a box. Since its my first box i was wondering if i should design and build a box or just buy one? my subs recommend 2ft^3 each and all the boxes i have seen have about 1.5ft^3, would that be ok? What is the ballpark price of building my own box? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 450
building your own box will cost 30$ max for materials, just takes up a bit of time. the sub will deff. sound better in the 2 cuft. box since thats the reccomended compared to the 1.5 cuft. i suggest doing it yourself, saves ALOT of money, plus the satisfaction that YOU DID IT. great feeling when it turns out nice =)

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 626
building you own box is very cheap if you know how to do it. The best thing is to build your own because then you can get the extact size that the subs were made for. I you need is a sheet of MDF, screws, caulking, etc. to build your own.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1097
i design boxes for $10. The plans tell you everything you will need to know. Let me know if you're interest

Sploosh76@yahoo.com

Wahl

Bronze Member
Username: Bp317

Post Number: 27
alright, thanks guys. i've made plans for a custom box but i didnt do much research on the cost of supplies. i think i might just go ahead and build my own box...but where should i mount my amp? i have a PA 1600 and its a pretty long amp and ive read that mounting to the box is a bad idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us