Price for my sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Awm44444

USA

Post Number: 47
a guy i no that builds boxes said to build a box for my sx 15 and install evrything will b like 230 bucks. is this a reasonable price? i wanted it to be 4- 4.5 cubic ft and have interchangeable ports between 32 and 45ish hz, that way i hav a reg listening box and a comp box. it will go into the trunk of a 92 accord. i also went 2 him bc im short on money and he sells cheaper amps and he was talking about selling me a poweracoustik 2000w comp amp for 350! i no this price is too high, he normally sells his amps for bout 130- 170. ne way, for me to wire my dvc 2 ohm sub to one ohm, do i need to get a mono or 2 channel amp?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 628
You could save approx. $200 if you could build and install the system yourself. And as far as the power acoustic amp for $350, DON'T BUY IT!!!!!! You could have a real nice amp for that kind of money. A mono amp will work best for subs

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 48
yeah, but i dont no ne thing about tuning a box, so iv gotta get him 2 build and install it. is there a formula for tuning a box? if i were to get sum1 to build the box 4 me, wut would be a reasonable price for it? it is a semi complex box. and the amp, yeah, i no its too high, i wouldnt buy that. and can a mono amp make a dvc 2 ohm sub 1 ohm? i thought it could, but sum kid said i wuz wrong. i no he was givin me that price high bc he thought i didnt no wut i wuz talkin bout but ill talk him down some. is 180 a reasonable price for that box? or should it be cheaper? also, 1" mdf and alot of bracing. this guy does hav the spl record w/ 2 10's in sc and ga, but i dunno wut class.

Anonymous

for sum reason it keeps sayin that there is only one post in this topic and it isn't bumping it. im jus gonna post this under anon to see if it works

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1099
i can design you a box for $10. It tells you everything you need to know. Let me know if you're interested

Sploosh76@yahoo.com

Wahl

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 49
i already told u i didnt want u 2 design me a box on a diff thread, if u build it for $10 then okay. so wut would b a fair price for that box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us