Sealing A Box With .........

Halo rules
Unregistered guest
Okay so i built my box and screwed it all together, now i need to kn0w what i can use to seal it. I used liquid nails (wo0d working compound) in the corners but is that all i need. Am i supposed to use silicone or something like that and how long should i wait for the silcone to dry?

Also i need to use something for a gasket for the sub, what would work well.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 756
Liquid nails is fine, I used silicone personally for the inside edges but it doesn't really matter. Silicone I'd let dry at least overnight, probably 24 hours. You have to be careful because in the curing process, silicone emits some kind of fumes that can degrade the surround of your sub. (Not sure if that's only for rubber, foam, etc. materials.) I've never used liquid nails, like I said, so you should read the directions on that.
For the gasket, www.bcae1.com recommends you use that foam stuff that you use on the edges of your window air conditioners. My RE X.X.X sub came with its own rubber gasket, so I didn't have to worry about that.
Basically as long as you use something to seal the inside edges, you're fine. Also, while building/screwing your box, you should be putting wood glue on all the corners that meet.

mmmmkay
Unregistered guest
yeah i put some wood glue on the corners when i built it, but okay ill try it with just the liquid nails and see how it works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us