How much is too much?

Bronze Member
Username: Dklotusjuggalo

Post Number: 17
I'm going to be running one 15' Audiobahn sub rated 1000watts/500RMS. It has a 2" 4 layer voice coil. Dual 4 ohm, 2 or 8 ohm operation.
I'll just be running a sony 99dollar cd player 54w x 4. I'm going to be getting an amp around 1000watts/650RMS. Probably a sony or jensen. Should that make my sub hit properly? I'm only running one sub from it. How much is too much power? Do you just match the rms or the max or how does that work? I'm not trying to stress my sub to the max, I just want to be on the safe side you know? Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5021
most subs r underrated meaning they can handle a lil bit more so if ur cautious get a 1000wrms @ 2ohms or if a 1200wrms @ 2ohms amp which will run cooler & simply just don't turn ur vol knob too high .....

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 24
you want to match the rms, you could even go a little over the rms but stay close. your sub is 500 watts rms, so you could go with anything from 300 to 550. If you put 400 to it, it would sound pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5022
i 4got 2 say what i was talking about above is an example of what amp 2 get if its a 1000wrms 4ohms dvc sub that some1 has .....

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4610
I use to have those and they are pretty overrated i put a JL Audio 250/1 had every thing set properly and it blew. Whats ur budget

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1214
we have addressed this before , the sony and jensen are junk..... I told you earlier, use the A8000t on that sub it is rated at 800w at 2ohms, but dont worry about that it is not going to put out that many.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 378
Sony and Jensen are both perfectly serviceable budget amps. Some of their low priced stuff may not be of the best build quality, and probably won't last a lifetime, but every Sony benchtest I've seen does rated power at 14v, and Jensen's new stuff is CEA compliant so you know it will do what's advertised.

Obviously neither of these brands make spectacular amps, but junk???

Cuspid = junk
Performance Teknique = junk

Sony and Jensen aren't junk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Sorry ty, I don't know how I missed that. I thought I looked it up but it must have been the wrong one because it was too expensive. The one you mentioned is perfect for me and my budget I think. Thanks!

Chauncey, my budget is small. I would hope that you were just unlucky. There's no way a 250 should blow that speaker. I've heard that audiobahn is decent. Any one else know about that sub or similar ones? Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1101
just wanna say JUGGALOS Rule, but audiobahn is overrated and can only handle about half their power rating, and what is your budget im sure we can find something better than audiobahn.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i'm trying to spend 100 bucks. what about this one: a Kicker cvr15, dual 2 ohm, 1000watts/500RMS. My friend said I should try to stick w/2 ohm over 4 ohm. Is that right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Or how about this one: a Volfenhag zx-4715dvx, 15" competition sub, 1200 watts/600RMS? this one is 4ohm though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Or how about this one: a Volfenhag zx-4715dvx, 15" competition sub, 1200 watts/600RMS? this one is 4ohm though

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 311
I thot you already had the sub and were looking for an amp? If your looking for good cheap subs look at kicker comp vrs get you a couple 10's or 12's you'll be happy. And it doesnt matter about the 2 or 4ohms you just have to base your amp on wut voice coil your subs are. Neither one is better or worse than the other.

Dustin "just wanna say JUGGALOS Rule"

Yes they do!!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1584
ha ha i used 2 listen 2 ICP and all that but thier songs get old after a while :-( but i listen 2 alot of rock nopw and even the older songs arent old.
BTW twisted, what part of KY?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 314
Burlington,KY and i still love icp but im not as "down" as i used to be.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4622
the cvr is better then the volf

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Sorry. Someone up above in this thread hooked me up with a good amp. Now I wanna be sure I have a halfway decent sub for it for under 100 bucks. And what should I look for for voice coils?

Sorry, didn't mean to post that message so many times.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 316
Wut kind of amp is it? Wut are the specs on it?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 627
that $100 is just for the sub right? Go with a crv

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Boss GT 100M amp 850watt mono/425RMS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i think i might run a 12 instead so i can keep some of my trunk. how about a kicker 12 800watt/400rms run with that Boss amp 850watt/425rms. Does that mean the amp is too much for the sub? or would that be ok?

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 319
Check out this system from ikesound.com

Directed Audio 750d-refurb. $79 +s/h
2 10" Kicker CompVR $68 each +s/h

That directed audio amp is much better than the boss.This system will sound great for under $300 If your on a budget i recomend this setup it will sound great.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
i'll check it out. i'm really looking to run one decent sub though instead of 2.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1102
ya go with the cvr all around good sub.

i still listen to ICP but only there old stuff, their new stuff is too much about god sh!t, so i made the crossover to KMK and now some punk rock stuff.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 320
Oh yea the system i recomended get the dual 4ohm Kicker compvrs so you can wire them and get a 1ohm load so the amp will put 600 watts(300 to each sub).

Dustin-I agree with you about the god stuff but that was their point in their music,basically just be an opened minded good person and youll go to shangra la,if your "bad" then you'll go to hell's pit. But ya i know sum ppl that switched from icp to kmk but i love both of them and always will.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I agree that the old stuff was best. But the message was always there. Thanks for your help. I have a lot to think about now.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1103
has any1 heard ICP new cd, it just came out, some ppl say its good but others say it sucks so i don't know, and did twiztid make a new cd i haven't seen anything from them in awhile.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1104
mabey it'll bump it this time!?!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1587
ha ha used 2 be down with teh clown...where is burlington located?

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 321
.'~DAYE£?~'. -"where is burlington located?"

By Florence,northern KY.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us