Ascendant Audio

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 859
I have 2 RE12's now. The amp is a 450.2 pushing ~250 rms per channel. I have a sealed box, 1.25 cubic feet per chamber etc. I was looking at the assassin's but since they are SVC 4 ohm I can't run them on my amp so I need DVC 4 ohm or SVC 8 ohm. Anyway, If I stepped up to the Arsenal's (500rms recommended per sub) giving me headroom to expand my amp in the future, would they still perform even being that underpowered? And I know the assassins are known for their SQ according to AA, anyone tested the Arsenal and compared?

Silver Member

Post Number: 860
1 more question, who owns ascendant audio? I am going to give him a call later. I think it is Chad something. Ideas anyone?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4633
what is the specs on your amp? his name is Chad Kuypers but you only need to ask for Chad!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4634
what are the specs sorry bout that lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 861
It is a Kicker 450.2 Birth sheet says RMS-500X1@4ohms but it is rated at 450rmsX1 @4 ohms mono or 225X2rms @2 ohms stereo. Will I get the output and SQ (or even more) with the Arsenals vs. the Assassins?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1098
you would be under powering the arsenals, so if you do choose AA i'd go with 2 assassins, well mabey that amp would push 1 arsenal, but im not sure.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1583
id say get an arsenal 12...yea u will underpower it but if u dont liek it then sell on ebay and get 2 assasins

Silver Member

Post Number: 862
Thing is, with 2 assassins, I would have to run the amp at 2 ohms which it isn't stable at. It is stable only down to 4 ohms. What would be the disadvantages of Running 2 Arsenals with half power? I know they would be better fully powered but would they do alright? Or what other options would i have. I am assuming that 2 arsenals would be better than my 2 RE 12's.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1586
if u run just one it will be just as loud man...i suggest getting a 15 inch Arsenal and u be loud and sound good and be just as liud as 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 864
15" doesn't have quite the SQ, already have a sealed box for 2 12's and don't want to change, subs would have to be DVC 2 ohm which they are DVC 4 ohm.

Will 2 Arsenal's sound good with my amp even though they are being underpowered?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1176
They'll sound good, as long as you don't push the amp into clipping.

Don't expect much movement out of the subs though, as they'll be getting 225W RMS (need at least 500W RMS each).

And their RMS values are 750W RMS. You'll be underpowering each by A LOT. You'll get the good sound and some OK bass output, but if you want the best of both worlds, upgrade to a bigger amp (about 1500W RMS).

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
Will they be as loud as my 2 RE12's right now with the same power?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us