What the fu(k

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 21
o.k. I installed my two infinity perfect 10.1 svc and an audiobahn a8000t. The subs are rated at 350rms and the amp is rated at 800watts at 2 ohms " i know i'm not getting that out of the amp" But the bass sounds hollow. I f you stand right out side of my truck, you can't hear it. inside the truck it sounds like maybe one cheap 10. is this the crappy amp? or is there something else i could look for. It should sound better than this?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 363
crossovers set right? Subs wired correctly (parallel)? Enclosure to specs? Sub volume turned down? Sufficient wire/fuse size for the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 22
subs are svc and I have the + from both subs twisted together and put in the mono amp. same with the -. enclosure is .14 cubic feet bigger than it should be. 4 gauge wires like the amp said to have. I've tried turning the gain up and down. it is either no bass or hollow bass? I'm ready to rip the freaking thing out!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 858
sounds like a phase issue. Check the amp-sub positive and negative on both and try reversing 1 subs + and -.

Bronze Member
Username: Bp317

Post Number: 23
maybe im just misunderstanding how you said it but the amp to one sub and then connect the 2nd sub + to the first sub +. same with negative. because the way im thinkin you have it is the positive on both subs connected to the amp +, which would be an 8 ohm wouldnt it?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 364
no, it's wired parallel - impedance should be right.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5232
What kind of enclosure do you have? Are the subs in it's OWN box or are they sharing the space?
Try connecting only one sub to the amp and test it.
Most likely if it sounds like a cheap sub with 2 on, you have a phase/timing problem.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1165
put a cordless battery on them to see if they are in phase, they both should move in the same direction.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us