What are good component speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisg001

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 37
I am goinf to replace my factory bose soundsytem in my 2003 GTP but need help. What are some decent component systems. i have about $400 to spend total on the 6X9's and 5.25". Please help i don't want top of the line.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
well are you going to want coax for the rear or just rear fillers. A set of CDT EF-61 and CL-69x (midwoofers only, no tweets) would run 300$ and give good results. This would give a good frontstage and a rear fill from the 6x9 woofers. If interested email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 41
Ok i am a new to these terms what does coax or rear fillers mean. Should i get 6X9's or something else. i heard i could use 4", 5.25" and 6.5" in the rear deck why would i use those rather than what i have in. I just don't understand.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
oval speakers aren't known for their SQ. I recently decided to sell some 05 CDT models that i need to get rid of. CDT EF-61 or EF-51 for 160$ or EF-61Neo for 200$ shipped in 48states, CL-6e(midrange woofers)
55$ shipped in 48states, and EF-6(midrange woofers)are 75$ shipped in 48states.
Coax means a coaxial setup with tweet in the middle of the cone and crossed over by simple resistors. If you did a round speakr in the 6x9 opening you'd have to make baffles.

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 43
Please can i get some more input about what are some decent component speakers for a 2003 GTP.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2070
"CDT EF-61 or EF-51 for 160$ "

i won't be prepared until next month, but could you forward me any info regarding your site and other equipment (i think i recall you providing one elsewhere)?

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 44
ANyone else reccomendations that don't include CDT components just looking for good speakers not top of the line.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 342
for that price why wouldnt you go for it? they are top of the line at a cheap price!

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 46
ok if that is a good price why are they so much cheaper than online stores and ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 343
he is selling them himself

Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 8
they're 05 stock which i'm looking to move for the 06's. Trust me those prices won't be around very long, actually til the end of the month and i usually reserve them for forum members only. If you went to my website you'll pay the usual online store price but since i talk to you guys and you guys(forums) interact here I try and help people out. The difference from the 05 to the 06 is the crossover which went from the 480 crossover to a new 400crossover. I don't think the 400crossover has the outputs for a IE kit. but do as you please, but the offer is there.

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 47
what does the neo mean on the CDT ef61

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 50
its a slim line, shallow mount magnet. I think the depth is 2.2 or less while the regular is 2.5 on the CL and EF's and 2.75 for HD's and ES's. Mickechec, email me when you're ready, and i'll figure something out for you but just have to see what the inventory is when you decide on going with some.

Chris if you'd like to get some email me too. I'll keep these prices as is for this forum only but its while supplies last on the 05 models.

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 43
RE XXX comps?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5540
"RE XXX comps?"

Don't exist. They make an XXX midbass driver. And it sucks.

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 59
XXX midbass driver is decent but didn't it have lots of mechnical noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us