Kenwood KDC-319

Username: Thebigone

Post Number: 1
I tried the search engine and to be honest it is a bit difficult to use. Anyway, I had to replce my alternator today.
Now Kenwood deck says CODE:---- What the heck is this? I dont reember putting a code in my deck. I went to BestBuy and they were no help. They said I had to have a reciept before they could help me. I went to the dealership where I bought this used car and they were no help at all.

Ok so here is my issue. How to I fix this code problem. THX in advance to anyone who can help me.

Bronze Member
Username: Grat81

Carbondale, IL USA

Post Number: 48
code is a security code that kenwood uses as an anti-theft device. if you didn't put in a code, the unit should work once you put in the default code (usually in the manual). If this doesnt work, tear it out and bring it to an authorized repair place and they'll reflash the player for a fee.

-G

Username: Thebigone

Post Number: 2
Sorry if I wasn't too clear on my post....

I dont have a code or manual because the stereo was already in the car when I bought it. So I bought the car and it already had this Kenwood Stereo in it. The problem I have is when I changed the Alternator, I am assuming here... When I disconnected the battery it reset something in the deck. SO obviously there was a CODE in it before but I dont know what it is. The dealer is no help. they said it wasn't thier problem. And its been a year since I have had this car. Bsest Buy wants a reciept... obviously I dont have one becasue IT was already in the car when I bought it. Hopefully this clarifys That I dont have the manual becasue the deck came with the car when I bought it.

Its a bit frustrating becasue I dont have $100 to shell out for another deck...

Im trying this message board becasue I have read some posts that show procedures on how to reset it. But none of those pertained to my Kenwwod Deck KDC-319. I tried the SEARCH engine and it really does suck. Nothing like the VBulletin sites.

So what I need is information on my specific deck on how to reset it. I really need the help and some real answers from someone who knows or has done this before..

THX EVRY1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us