Help w/ Setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Do_em_dirty816

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 34
Hey everybody the setup that I have right now is 3 infinity 1230w subs, alpine cda 852, either the MB Quart RAA1000 or the Orion 1200d, but dont know yet ported or sealed...What do you think would work best to get the most out of my setup. If you think I'll get better sq than I would spl vote sealed and vice versa.

PS: Thanks in ADVANCE...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4506
sealed

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 35
so youre saying with the setup that i have sealed would work best. Also i dont know if you misunderstood me but I dont specifically want sq or spl its what ever I would get more of out of my set up...Which means are the infinity reference 1230w subs built for more sq or spl?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4508
they are built for sq, and sealed boxes are best used with sq and sql subs.. So with those subs u would get the most out of them sealed

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1107
sq sub and better in a sealed box, and takes up less room.

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 36
thanks for the help...you guys answered my question perfectly...now any recommendations for an amp? I hear that the MB Quart RAA1000 & Orion 1200 are reeally good and w/ the prices it makes them sound even better...

PS: IM looking for a high qualtiy amp so any price is pretty much good to go.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4509
Zapco Reference 1100.1

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 37
where can I find this (links)... Also is there ANY other recommendations...Thanks

Anonymous

You sould try out the new alpine Chrome series amps they are supposed to come out in a week or two check them out at their website.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4510
sorry i didnt realize the zapco was only 2 ohm stable and u said u need 1 ohm stable so i would go with the PG Xenon or the Orion

http://phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonamps.html

http://orioncaraudio.com/amps/Dmono.asp

Bronze Member

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 38
any mo. numbers... heres the list that I've been given:
Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1
RE 12.1
Kicker kx 1200.1
MB Quart RAA1000??
Orion 1200d
Zapco Reference 1100.1

Out of those 6 choices which would be the top 3, and what about hifonics, alpine, xtant, and rockford fostgate

PS: heres a link for the xtant I've been looking at xtant 1001dx http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xtant-1001dx-Zapco-Alpine-JL-Audio-Amplifier-PPI_ W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8031645968QQrdZ1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us