Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1140
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Well, there they are. Soon I'm hoping to get a pair of V-Mag non-unified components for up front and unified V-Mag components for the back, as well as my 4 channel amp put in...I'll get pics of all that stuff when the time comes!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4969
U really do need a decent digital camera -lol
Was hoping 2 actually see the sub from behind how it looks . U do know amp on box is a big nono , see if it can be mounted behind ur seat .......

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1956
damn tyler you wasted no time installing your subs. didn't you just get those? nice. i might be ordering my arsenals tomorrow.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1144
Yea, I was going to get pics of the magnets, but really, they're nothing fancy like Audiobahn bling and such. If I didn't keep spending money on this stuff I could probably get a decent camera lol, Oh well.

Nope, didn't waste time at all. Had them ripped open and everything in less than 20 minutes lol.

In fact, after taking out my Volfs. I realized how "plain" these look, but then, they made up in performance even if I don't have enough wattage per sub (~400W RMS to each).

The Arsenals I hear are great SQL subs, and play pretty dang loudly! Have fun with those!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4970
""What type of 1200W RMS @ 2 ohms could I get that puts out an honest amount of power for about $250-300?""
Tyler i saw u ask this in another thread - JBL gto 1200.1 will do u good & its in ur price range ...

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 574
looks nice Tyler.
looks like you going for SQ.
that was a quick install, sounds like one of mines, 20mins. lamo
what amp are u using with those?
and whats the rms a peice?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1148
Audiobahn A8000T, 800W RMS @ 2 ohms (400W RMS a piece).

Well, it's got great SQ, but I can make things in my house vibrate on the inside, so it's pretty loud actually.

In fact, if you try talking inside the car while it's playing loudly, your voice gets kind of garbled, it's neat lol.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1149
Dang Rovin, that amp's about $400 just on normal sites lol.

Also, that s/n ratio is kind of appalling, but I think I'll keep looking for a bit. But the power is definitely what I'm looking for from that amp, we'll see though.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4972
i was talking about ebay which u should check out cause they got lots of stuff cheap there & guaranteed u will find something 4 those subs .....

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 576
sealed boxes really slam if they are big.
I just like my boxes hugge.
Tyler I know a sealed box can get very LOUD.
You need a 1500d on those things.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 304
i thought u wer gonna get sum strokers

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1151
What? Strokers? Dude, I couldn't afford to power those things...And they don't offer much in SQ as they are SPL woofers.

B, here's a link to a similar (looks identical) box that I have. I bought mine a while ago though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DUAL-12-SEALED-3-4-MDF-SUBWOOFER-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE_W0QQi temZ5856109316QQcategoryZ14945QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What brand is 1500d made by?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4976
u^^^ lazy dogg ! , u said last wk that u were going 2 build ur own & then u went & bought a prefab -lol
Well maybe if u got it cheap

that 1 on that ebay link looks good though , but s/h is a b!tch .........

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 582
i dont like prefabs. i like my boxes made for the sub im usin.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4617
1200 watts is too much for the assassins they need a solid clean 300-400 to reach their full potential. The stroker is not a spl sub its a SQL sub.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 591
They are some good prefab boxes. Some may fit the specs perfectly!

Tyler i was saying a 1500rms amp, but James Longo said 1200 would be too much power.
But its good to have a little more power than needed.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1153
Rovin, that's the box I used to have my Volfenhags in. I neither bought a new pre-fab or built one for that matter. I MAY look into porting, but I don't know if I need it.

I went outside, and checked my gain setting, and adjusted it accordingly (no distortion, just clean, loud, deep bass!) and these subs are amazing!

They drown out my car speakers in the midrange level, shake things in my house, my house is almost 200 years old and built very solid.

I accidently set my remote on my trunk, and well, it almost became a smashed piece of junk!

All I have to say is the Assassins are worth their price even after the sale. I'd hate to how loud and Arsenal or Havoc sub will be!

I finally feel like I can brag a bit about my system too lol. I don't have to "make up" things to my friends about how good Volfenhags are (even if they do outperform a lot of their systems).

I just can't get over the output of them. It makes me happy I didn't buy CV V-Max's.

James, which Stroker are you talking about? The old one, or the new Stroker/Stroker Pro series?

GW and Jonathan at one point both told me the Stroker Pro is an SPL sub, and not a daily driver to be used for good sounding music, but rather loud SPL burps.

But finally, I can't say enough good about these subs. James is right the 400W RMS is plenty, I just needed to set the settings on my amp more appropriately.

Anonymous

well tyler the reason why you think they dont get that loud is because those are SQ subs if you go to their website it says it. If you wanted louder you should of went for the arsenals.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1154
Well, for SQ, they're louder than my Volfenhags with no distortion at all. I'm pleased, currently I'd say I've got the loudest best sounding system in my county, and I didn't break the bank for it!

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1155
"It performs just as well in creating reference level home theater output as it does pumping out huge amounts of clean bass in your car."

Sounds to me like it's a lower end SQL sub to me...Not to be compared to the Arsenal, but with the output I'm getting I couldn't ask for more.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 597
shiit, they say 400rms, i would give them 600 a peice.
thats just me though. lol
=D
they will get loud and sound goood.
A 1000D amp on the pair will be plenty loud.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1561
beautiful woofers

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 598
BUMP

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1158
LOL @ Danel. Yea, they're pretty to look at, and I really am liking the fact of how they look plain, as it's a big detraction on theft (i hope) since people find "pretty" things a better steal so to speak.

Yea, I was thinking maybe an Ed Nine.1 or something someday.

Anonymous

tyler can you feel the lows when it hits, have you tried late night tip? i just ordered three but one is for my gf car.I was thinkin about going ported. And i think you will be more pleased with the subs when they are broken in. And also i have the exact same amp can you tell me how everything is set on your amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1637
it wont matter how his amp is set. you need to set the gains according to your HU and since you will eb ported you need to set ur subsonic filter according to your tune.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 312
how do you like that amp tyler? how does it perform, i heard pretty well...

wut is the rms of each of those subs?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 302
Tyler, how do you not have enough wattage per sub?? they are rated at 350 rms and your giving them 400

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1162
Well I do have enough wattage now that I adjusted everything.

On that amp, I have the gain set to, well I'll show you a pic.
Upload
The sound is great. The lows really hit you (30Hz and lower especially) and the highs from them start to become more noticeable as they are broken in.

I have the LPF set to 80Hz. The amp performs very well for the price you pay, and the sound quality from it isn't bad at all! Although I think the subs are a HUGE help in sound quality.

In fact, when playing Throw It Up today, my front windshield (no lie) actually had some flex to it. It makes me want to try ported, but then I wonder how much SQ I'll be sacrificing as well as will it be too much bass.

My Volf. 5x7's have a hard time keeping up, and hopoefully when I run my A6004T to them, they're keep up a bit better, until I can get some CV V-Mag components.

All in all, these subs are amazing!

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 309
Im going to order a 12" arsenal probably tomorrow or tuesday (my birthday) nice present for myself eh?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1163
Heck yes! That's what my Assassins were lol.

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 310
lol nice!

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 231
why is amp on the box a big no no?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1164
Well, Corey, it's controversial. My amp's been there forever, not a problem. I'll switch it up someday lol.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 238
whats the theory people say the reson is to not have your amp on there? i here that it is not good at all to mount your amp to metal.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1165
Metal? Not sure about the metal theory. The reason people say amp mounting on boxes is bad because it vibrates the electronic parts inside, and just isn't good.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 619
Tyler I heard that metal crap b4.
Its all bulshiit!
Metal dont matter; cause its grounded already!
Its not going to short, Its ground to begin with.

There some stupid rumor people are saying.
Its basic electronics to me..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
i might get a havoc for my b-day...just in time for tax returns :-)

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1167
Havocs I believe are going to be an SPL sub...Better watch it if you want some SQ. If you want some SQ try a couple Arsenals.

On the AA site, anyone notice something about Alliance Subs? What are they?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
alliance are HT subs(home theater)
i called chad and he said the havocs will sound good for competition woofers but id say im stepping 2 the arsenals...still be a great woofer :-) and il get another later hopefully

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1173
bump

Just because!

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 614
nice subs........What I don't like is how all the expensive/top of the line subs look so plain. I know they are deadly subs, but honestly, I don't like the look of them. IMO, I thinks my type R looks better, but I DEFF would rather loud bass than bling. And no, I'm not a fan of audiobahn's bling either, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1657
i think the best look is JLs w7 w6v2 and now w3v3 . so simple and plain and clean its seems as if its glimmering lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1571
anything with a plain black cone is very sex y 2 me...and if i had teh chance, i would steal in a heartbeat lol

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1174
Well at least Kentucky is a good drive away (lol).

Yea, the plain cone reminds me of the vintage speakres I have as well as SOME newer ones that haven't switched to the ever so popular aluminum or kevlar cone.

Something about black poly or paper cones with black rubber (or preferably sometimes) treated foam just looks good.

Ever noticed they seem to smell good lol? I know my home speakers, Cerwin Vega V-12F's, just reak of that electronic smell. My friend actually told me once to quit "huffing" my speakers.

But the same friend also said that these new subs look chincy and cheap. (Moron) Considering to get a pair shipped after the sale is going to run nearly $320!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 68
How much is a havoc 15 going to be abouts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us