Setting up new system. Opinions needed

Username: Radzer0

Post Number: 1
Im going to be doing 2 12's in my car. I already have a box picked out its ported and tuned for 2 12's. Its also HUGE and ive heard it with crossfire BMF subs in it and its pretty damn loud.

Mainly im wondering about duribility and loudness as im not gonna be doing a $250 setup like i did in august. Currently i have a 360watt soundstream amp on a 05 12inch cvr in a sealed ebay box.

Im going dual 12's and i plan on spending about $200/each per sub. I have been told crossfire BMF's compare to JL W6's.

What would you guys sugest in the $200 online price range. When i decide on what subs im going to go with at that point i will begin looking at amp options.

The system will be put in a 91 integra hatch. Budget is around $400 for subs and around $400 for the amp. I already have a 135amp alternator (65amp stock) and a yellowtop so that should help my charging system a good bit along with i got new grounds in the whole car.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
last time i heard a Crossfire sub it was loud but the SQ was not that of a W6. How do you have a box tuned for two 12s you don't have? Each sub has its own tuning preference and while a box can be generically made it doesn't always give the best SQ and output results. Also for a car like that, i'd go with one good 12 or 15, my suggestion is a 12in Stereo Integrity Mag 12 in a ported box tuned to 28hz. I think its 350$ for one of those and will give a JL 13W7 a run for its money. Get an amp that will run atleast 900RMS @1ohm as the Mags are dual 2ohm. These subs are one of the best i've heard in terms of balancing output and SQ, easily in the same class as the Adire brahma and IDMax. Thats my .02$

Post Number: 2
Im looking for very loud. The kind u can hear coming up the street before u can see the car.

The VR1000D Crossfire amp is what ive read alot of good about and was looking at.

For a box for the sub you mentioned. How much would one of those run? Im tring to go with prebuilt. The dual 12's box i was refering too is made by a company called probox and im pretty sure its tuned at 32hz.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 965
heres what i would do even though you would have to save up some more money ,
for sq = 2 12'' w6's
for spl = 2 12'' re sx's

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 966
but those sx's would prolly need a bigger alt.

Post Number: 4
How much alternator should i have to run the vr1000? ive decided im doing dual yellowtops
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us