Sony xr-c500 head unit install problem

Username: Andeejan

InvercargillNew Zealand

Post Number: 1
Hi all wonder if anybody can help.have just tried installing a sony xr-c500 head unit into a 1995 nissan mistral 4wdrive after hooking up power (yellow cable) and ground(black cable) plus all the other accessory cables to their proper cables the problem I am having is that all I get out of the unit is a beep,beep,beep noise from the hu when car is turned on nothing comes up on the display lcd is this a security thing that sony have? and do i have to take it to a professional installer to get the thing to go?Or is it the unit itself that is stuffed.please help.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2500
It seems that the ignition wire (red) isn't hooked up. Find a 12v wire that outputs power only when the car is turned on-make sure the wire can handle a minimum of 15 amps and that it has a fuse on it.

Username: Andeejan

InvercargillNew Zealand

Post Number: 2
cheers for that.. we checked for another power output cable from the truck we did find a blue cable with a red one branching off it into what looks like a FM band expander we ran a tester on the cable and it seems to be as you say only powered when the ignition is on, cant spot the fuse on it tho??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us