Will 3 L7 fit in a Cutlass

Bronze Member
Username: Black013

Post Number: 29
I have a 83 Cutlass and im trying to Murder my friend in spl competion he has 2 p3 12's I was going to go with 2 15 type R's but I said f*ck it I want to murder him so will 3 12's L7's fit in my trunk??? only reason why i want 3 is because I have been given a 750 watt MA Audio amp and I want to hook my 2000watt class D amp to 2 subs (1 ohm load briged)and 3rd sub will run off my 750 (watt 1 channel amp) . so 2 subs have 1000 watts rms each 3rd will have 1200 watts rms

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1115
First of all, the L7's will get loud, but aren't very durable. Expect to be doing some re-coning if you're intent is to blast those things a lot.

For SPL you could get something a lot better sounding and louder than an L7. Try an RE MT. You'll probably only need one...Maybe 2.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 444
how big is ur trunk? you would know better than anyone of us... give us some dimentions to work with, max height, depth, and width. id suggest something more like 1 15" RE MT, 2 15" RE SX, 2 15" L7.. how much $$ do you want to put into this Daryl? Also, what kinda amp is your 2000watt class D?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1118
Note that he put the L7's last...Because they suck...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
the reason im staying away from those is because im sticking with ebay and only quality speakers that they have for under 500 a set is L7 Type R Rockford Fosgate and I dont want spend 500$ for one speaker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I couldn't give you the exact dimension yet but Im going to get the box made by a friend also will that amp setup work 2 amps 3 subs???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
???

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 514
What kind of 2000 watt amp is it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
performance teknique

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 447
there really isnt much differece between spending 500$ for 2 subs or 500$ for 1 sub.. 2 subs doesnt mean the system will sound louder or better, it could, but thats not the determining factor. and i doubt that amp does 2000watts... L7's need ALOT of power, not sure if that would be the right choice for you to go with. your 3 subs wont even match up because the different amps/wattages theyll be recieving. RE is of much higher quality than Kicker.. www.reaudio.com call them and ask for a price quote for the MT or a couple of SX's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I dont understand what you saying about different amps/wattages 2 subs will be recieving 800rms-1000rms each the 3rd sub will be recieving 750 watts rms ???

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 541
if you wanna go for straight spl I would go w/ like 2 or 3 15 L7's cutlasses are big i'm sure you could fit it especially if you do like a spare tire well box like i did in my car. or you could do like 1 solo x 18 or a couple solo x 12's. The kickers do have reliability issues but i'm sure they would last long enough for you to smoke your friends car

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 121
what is a spare tire well box ucfsaxman

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 691
get two RE SX...270 shipped each

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 544
J- Dub it's when you take out your spare tire and build a box to fit in that space that's what i had done in my car so i could fit 3 12's. the box is in somewhat of a square and the 12's are in in a triangle shape w/ 1 on top and the other 2 below that and the subs fire up. it really works out well it doesn't take up as much space as a traditional box that faces the trunk. plus you could either have it flush or build a whole panel to go around it and have a custom trunk w/ no gaps or wires showing. if you wanna take a look at it go here wwww.sounddomain.com/ride/644130

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Im not worried about width the height is what killing me I have 2 15's QPower Ported Box (Flea market) and I can barley close my trunk without my speakers being postion perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 456
i would try to sell your system and start new
get a 15" MT ... if your handy take out your tire and see if you can fit a 18" mt firing up
and hook up 2x 2000 rms hifonic amps to it

froget kicker in my opinion

take out your rear deck speakers to allow more air into the cabin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
you might be on to somthing about taking rear deck speakers out to get more air in cabin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us