Will this amp be ok?

Username: Dklotusjuggalo

Post Number: 1
I am going to be running one 15' audiobahn (1000 watts) in a vented box. I don't want to spend a lot on an amp, but I want something new instead of used. I found a good deal on a Pyramid crystal series amp (2ch, 1000 watts bridged, 500 wattsx2) I know that isn't the best brand, but it should be fine to run my 15 right?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 308
it says it does 1000 watts but i dought it does to be honest

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1066
is it a dual sub or single . if dual it has to be a dual 2 ohm sub in order to use it bridege, It needs to be a single 4 or a dual 2 for that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 299
Nice to see another juggalo on here man! As for your question NO do not get that amp! Wut is the RMS of your sub and wut voice coil is it(dual 4ohms,dual 2 ohms) Let me know that about your sub and give me a price range for an amp and ill tell you wut to get.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4320
dont buy that pyramid crystal amp

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 506
have you guys even HEARD the Pyrimid Crystal amp?
It's the shiznit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1067
what planet of car audio are you from, it is beyond an entry level company.

Post Number: 2
It is one 15' Audiobahn sub with 500RMS. 2" 4 layer voice coil. Dual 4 ohm, 2 or 8 ohm operation.

There's also a Pyramid 1000 watt pb1000 amp. it says 1000 amp bridged/500 wattsx2 output. 2 ohm stereo stable. bridgeable into 4 ohms.

I'm trying to spend as little as I can (i have 3 kids) to properly run my sub, but not so cheap that it'll overheat or some bs like that. i'll just be running a sony 99dollar cd player 54w x 4.
Thanks for your help.

Post Number: 3
What kind of wattage should i be looking for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4322
if its like the super blue series amp my buddy has made by pyramid it claimed 1000 watts but was 250 rms...it was a respectable amp for 67 bucks but not awesome

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4605
"I'm trying to spend as little as I can (i have 3 kids) to properly run my sub, but not so cheap that it'll overheat or some bs like that. i'll just be running a sony 99dollar cd player 54w x 4.
Thanks for your help. "

dude just because you have kids and you are on a budget doesnt mean you have to buy CR@P! go on ebay look for old soundstream reference 200, 300, 500 amps, old rockford punch 100ix,punch 200ix, punch 500ix, rockford power 650,ppi a600, orion 250g4,225g4,2100 sx, you can get amps that back in the day cost over $1000 but you can get them now for $200.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4324
and pyramid is known for getting very hot when pushed but where they seriously fail in most cases is they almost never have decent options on them unless you buy the higher models.........and pyramid used to be stuff I used for a budget until I learned more about what I wanted and what was out there...at least concerning amps anyway

Gold Member

Post Number: 4325
ill never forget when i traded a pyramid 1800 watt amp i had bought two weeks before even up for a phoenix gold 300 watt rms amp their middle line too and the guy thought he was gettin over on me and I was like you arent schooling me (to myself) and whallah we hooked up both our amp in both our cars and turned them on and he was like yours is better what happened I was like its all about rms and amps baby

Post Number: 4
ok so that sux cuz unlike speakers they usually don't list rms separate on the amps i've seen. Any other brands/models you can suggest for someone on a budget? Is there a standard way to tell the rms (like cutting it in half like with speakers)? How can they say 1000 watts if it's only 250? Oh, and when I start looking at more wattage, how much till it's too much for the speaker to handle? (It's an audiobahn 15' 1000watts/500 RMS)
Thanks for all your help.

Post Number: 5
OK I looked at some of those and realized I forgot to add something:my budget. I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck for under 100 bucks. I'll prolly upgrade next year around this same time (tax time), but for now that's my budget. Thanks...

Post Number: 6
What about sony xplode 1000 watt amp? Would that be 500 RMS if I only ran the one sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1080
you can not run that amp on that sub unless you run it to an 8ohm load, if you run that bridged at a 2ohm load, be ready to buy another you will burn it out, not meat for a 2 ohm bridged load.****you will need a mono 2 ohm max amp, nothing 2 channel is really going to work. If you want cheap and ok, try the Boss GT100m, it is supposedly 850w at 2ohm and is only 88 dollars deliverd to your doo ebay.

Post Number: 7
Ok guys, what about something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-Octane-R4-0-2-2-Channel-400-Watt-Power-Amp_W0QQ itemZ5855957250QQcategoryZ79820QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or this: is this really 1000 rms for so cheap? Or how much is it really?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-DIGITAL-1000w-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQ itemZ5856467317QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1084
these will not work, see my last post.....and please read all the way through

Post Number: 8
Ok I think I found the Boss amp. Ok guys, which one do you recommend of the 3? That will help me decide exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again for your help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boss-Car-Amp-gt1000m-850-watt-MONO-2-ohm-Stable-NEW-06_W0QQi temZ5856820435QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 9
Thanks, i didn't see that before i posted. Ok so I have to get a mono amp-one channel only?

Post Number: 10
ok, based on that, this one looks like a good deal:
http://cgi.ebay.com/JENSEN-POWER-JPA1300M-MONO-AMP-650-Watts-RMS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQi temZ5855456529QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
or this one. whick of the 2 would you recommend?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-xm-6001-gxd-mono-block-amplifier_W0QQitemZ5856382983QQc ategoryZ79830QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 171
Check out this one, I have One powering two Infinity 12's and it handles them well. It's only rated for 300watts rms at 2 ohms but the birthsheets show them at about 390

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 172
sorry I don't know what happened to the link http://cgi.ebay.ca/P3001-Rockford-Fosgate-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ5855139720QQcategor yZ64572QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
prob not enough power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Really? The Boss amp you suggested only has 200 watts RMS while these have 600 RMS. How can they not have enough power?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Also, do you recommend any decent alarm systems for about $150?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1110
go with a direct electronics piece, they carry lifetime warranty on product, prob need to spen a little more, you can get the hornet 564t remote pager alarm for 177 delivered, i use them in my cars, nice alarm.

Bronze Member
Username: Black013

Post Number: 38
be careful with that sub it says it can handle 1000 watt max it wont mines caught on fire .

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4514
quick guide

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Well I'm gonna be running it with an amp that's 1000watt or 600rms. Plus it's an audiobahn which I hear are decent. Should I worry about a fire? Don't wanna overload it. But it says 500 rms. I just want it to hit properly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1117
what audiobahn amp are you using/ Model # i would use the a8000t or a8000v, it is 2 ohm stable and is 800w max.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Sorry, it's a Jensen amp. Or I might use a Sony. Both are 1000watts/600RMS. The sub is an Audiobahn. I'm running one 15' 1000watts/500RMS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us