Panasonic Problems help?

Username: Thaphunkjunk

Orrville, Ohio United states

Post Number: 1
i just got my new panasonic head unit like 3 weeks ago i dished about 350 for the thing and it was working wonderful til today when it just wont play anything it still powers up and all that but wont play, my buddy told me that something came unhooked and crossed or something and fryed the amp? i was wondering if there is a way to tell whats wrong and how much do u think it would cost to fix it?

Post Number: 2
anyone? please i really need some help here

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2502
It sounds like you fried the output IC. They're around 30-70 dollars and labor isn't too bad.

Post Number: 3
thanks,where could i go to get that done at?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2519
Any electronics service center...you'll have to check the phonebook...make sure they're authorized to repair Kenwood.

Post Number: 5
but its panasonic

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2521
Er, my bad, I had Kenwood in my head...haha

Yeah, authorized to repair Panasonic.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1094
is that radio not under warranty, if not go to panasonics website to find an authorized repair center.

Post Number: 6
i didnt pay for any warranty on it, but it may have a 1 year warranty because i bought it straight from panasonic. the model of the headunit is the cq-c8401u. also what is the output ic? and there was something else i found about the h/u is that says , it allows for a maximum output voltage of 5V and output impedance of 60 ohms that not only help protect the signal from external noise, but also permit low power amp gain for powerful reproduction of transient peaks with minimum distortion. In addition, a non-fading, low impedance subwoofer output is available to make adding a dedicated subwoofer amplifier to your system easy.......... what is all this for and how would i do that?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 179
that's the rca plugs on the back, They're for hooking up external amps, the higher voltage just means that an induced voltage is not going to affect the signal as much as a lower voltage.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1157
first I heard, panasonic does not sell direct to public... But it should have a warranty, it is 05 model.

Post Number: 7
it has a 1 year warranty but it doesnt cover "acts of god" or anything like that, it only covers if its messed up because of the materials or workmanship by them

Gold Member

Post Number: 1189
send it to them anyway with the copy of invoice, you never know what they will do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us