HELP with amp settings

Anonymous

Hey, I am installing a 350 watt 2-channel amp and 2-200watt 10 inch 4ohm subs...now what do the following settings on my amp need to be set to, to start out.

BassBoost> 0-18db

LPF(I guess this is low-pass-filter)>50-250hz

X-Over>Low, Full, Or High (I assume LOW for the subs)

Phase shift>0-180 degrees

HPF>(Guessing High-Pass-Filter)50-250hz

Subsonic>16-60Hz

Gain 8v-0.2v

Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 6
your best bet is to put in some music that you like, have all the amp settings at 0. Turn it up intill your speakers start to distort, than turn it back the volume a little. Than start to turn up the gain on the amp un till the subs distort than turn it back little. I don't like the bass boost so i don't use it. Turn on the LPF, what it does is filter out anything uder the setting, so if it is at 50hz it will not let the amp play anything under that, I keep mine at 50hz, anything above that will keep a lot of bass from getting to your subs. Keep the high pass filter "hpf" off I'm really not so what the phase does, I have mine off. It doesn't sound any differant when it is on. and the cross over should be on low.
Hope that helps!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4575
ok keep your bass boost flat for now, the lpf for 10's should be between 80-100 hz, the x-over should be set to low, phase shift-whatever sounds better to you, hpf will be off, for subsonic is your box sealed or ported? and for gains what head unit do you have?

Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 7
put in same music you like and turn the amp settings to 0. turn it up untill your speakers start to distort, than start to turn up the gain on the amp untill your subs start to distort, than turn it back alittle. turn the lpf on, I keep it at 50hz. it will not let the amp play anything under 50hz. turn the cross over on low.
HPF sould be off. I don't use the bass boost. I don't know what the phase is, mine is at 0. but it doesn't sound any differant when it is at 180. hope that helps. you can also take to any shop and they will do it for free.

Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 9
HI,first you can set the gain two ways:either look at the manufacters manual that came with the radio and find the radio's sensativity output and set it like that,or turn your radio up to the loudest setting you are going to listen to it(take into cosideration days you want to show off your system)then turn up your amp until you hear distortion then turn it down a notch,as a rule set your low pass at about 80,this will give you greater musical range through a variety of music,all bass boost mostly is is distortion,set it like the gain,but be careful.Since you are running subs set the x-over to low. The phase shift is for if you have subs facing each other, so they wont cancel each other out you can get one sub to push and the other to pull if you dont have a isoberic box, this does not apply to you,so dont bother it. tThe sub sonic setter tells the amp what hertz not to play below,so hte amp will use more power in a concentrated range set it at 25hz, Leave the hpf alone since you are runningt subs.

Anonymous

OK,Let me make sure I get this right
BassBoost>0
LPf>80
X-Over>Low
Phase shift>0
Hpf>question here, it doesnt turn off, so should I just set it to 50hz?
Subsonic>25Hz
Gain>Set with the radio as Jemone says.
Correct??

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 11
just leave it alone ,once you set the amp to low on the x-over it should not function anyway. you have every thing else right.

Anonymous

OK, THANKS!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us