8" subwoofer as mid bass

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 264
I looked around on the net...tryin to see if anybody has done it....prolly have....i just like the idea...currently i have 1 sony xplod speaker in the middle of the floor with no enclouser for my front stage(better than nothin)i want to get some 8" subwoofer and either incorporate a componet set or make that sub a midbass.......I just wanna go for shock factor think it would look cool....is it a stupid idea, just stick with componets or...go for it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4903
lots of ppl do it & EMINENCE alpha 6 or 8 is the brand of choice ,quite cheap too ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
so whut kind of tweeters and crossovers should i use then

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
i currently have a group going for the Tang Band 8 and 6.5 subwoofers which offer good performance and a killer price. I think i posted it in here but may have put it in the speaker section. Email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com for more info.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4916
alteraudiousa

u seem 2 know ur stuff from what i see in some of ur posts - why don't u register .........

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5463
The Peerless XLS 8" was a good driver for this type of thing as well. Isn't the absolute best down low, but most 8" subwoofers still suck in midbass region because of the added cone mass to give better low end.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 167
I'm going to use two RE8s for my rear stage mids.. going to mount in pods on top of my sub enclosure and I'll prolly end up running some diamond d3 componnets up front. i think its a great idea just make sure they are powered correctly

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1539
everybodys doing the cool name now...im gonan use an 8 inch midbass for a new AA sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
i saw those tang bangs on relm of excursion looked pretty good how much for sum, whut kind of wattage will i need

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5492
"I'm going to use two RE8s for my rear stage mids.. going to mount in pods on top of my sub enclosure and I'll prolly end up running some diamond d3 componnets up front"

RE8s won't do worth a crap as mids or midbasses. Subbass is the ONLY thing they'll do, and they aren't really the best SQ at that. Image Dynamics ID8s would do better in that regard, but still won't do midbass. Just stick with your subs, or own up and get some true midbass drivers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
o who makes some cheap midbass speakers....i just needn a set up front

Username: Atterberry_2006

Montgomery, Missouri United states

Post Number: 4
i got one to my won a competion for me because my 2 15 inch kicker comp squares blow on me so i had to put them in.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
The 8in Tang Band will be somewhere in the 60$ or below shipped in 48states. Yes ppl do have 8's for midbass usage or really they use it for a relatively small frequency range somewhere above where the sub cuts off, 80hz or so, and up to about 300-500hz. You'd have to have a seperate amp or a custom crossover made for it. If run active off the amp you'd just have to play with the amps crossover. You'ld also have to have the other speakers crossover at a point close to where the 8's crossover starts to slope off, so 315hz to 500hz. Its something you have to play around with. I did that for a while but its hard to find the enclosure space in my car for an 8in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
how big of an enclousuer will i need for 2 of these i wanted 1 on each side of a console i was gonna get built.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4369
if i have the right tangband 8's here fs...30 qts... .29 vas.667876

sealed comes out to .33 cf net with a .50 qtc (sq style) with a 51.72 hz center freq.

ported is .32 cf net tuned to 37.69 but comes alive at 50 hz for sq curve

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4370
thats per sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us