Component Contemplation

Bobok7787
Unregistered guest
Im looking to buy a new set of comps for my front stage. Im swaying toward the 6.5" Diamond Audio HEX 600s at around $300, but im looking for someone to change my mind. I seem to be stuck on Diamonds comps right now and i need to know how much damage i can do with a $300 budget.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4396
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products_page.php?id=chameleon&type=midrange

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
a upgraded set of CDT EFs would run under 300$, the HDs would cost a little more but not much, if interested email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com and i'll help you.

The Hexs are solid comps but not my cup of tea. Also look into Dyna but they may be out of your price range

Anonymous

alteraudiousa

dude : is cdt like ur fav brand cause thats all i'm seeing u post about

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 297
he sells the stuff.. he wants people to buy his products

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
i became a dealer to sell products i like. And yes for the price to performance it is my favorite brand. I've had experience with almost every brand you find in stores from stores like BB and CC to custom shops so i've tried just about everything. When i started my own business i took CDT cause overall for the price and performance it was one of the best companies to use. If money is no option i'd take some of the higher end rainbow, DLS, or Dyna and maybe some Focals and the high end CDTs but the budget given doesn't allow that class of speakers and most of the people buying wouldn't even know how to appreciate them or notice a difference from a 200$ to a 800$ set of speakers.

Anonymous

alteraudiousa

u seem 2 know ur stuff

why don't u register !?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
i did a but then forgot my log in and everytime i try and get my account reset it never sends me the email. who's the mods on here, maybe i'll ask them.

Username: Bobok7787

Post Number: 1
Well i've narrowed it down to the Diamond Audio HEX's, the JL XR's, the ID Chameleons, or the CDT EF's. Having no way to listen to any of these comps first hand, i cant really say which one sounds better and finally make my fricken mind up. So i would like anybodys first choice of these, or anything else that you can think of in this price range. Thanks for any input

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
whats the prices on them? I've never liked the JLs so i'd pick from IDs, EFs, or Hex's and all are price dependent. Also which EF model? I can get them for you but I'd prefer the EF CF series.

Post Number: 2
The CF's would be nice, my budget is $300 or a little over.

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
Yeah 300$ works, you can email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com if interested. This is one of those times you just close your eyes and pick cause all of them are good for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 307
The Diamond Audio HEX's are preety good.

Just save up br0? your only $250 away from Rainbow Profi

Post Number: 3
this is tough, alteraudiousa, how much could do the HD 6.5's for?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
I have the 05 HD-62s with the tw-24s tweet instead of the drt-25 that i'll sell for 285$ shipped in 48states. New '06 HD-62s, email me on them. sales@alteraudiousa.com

willemina
Unregistered guest
Hi alteraudiousa, just curious, I'm looking to buy some JL Audio XR-series components, what don't you like about JL Audio speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us