Type X vs. W7

Unregistered guest
Well as of now I'm torn between a 12w7 and a 12" type x. I wanna know is it worth payin the extra price and such for the w7 because if im going to spend that much extra money then i want to see the results. Ok well any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 912
YES - it is very so very much worth spending the extra money the w7 blows the type x away

Tigerplaya21
Unregistered guest
ok well if i go that route, what else will i need to be able to start out. i dont wanna shell out a fortune of money because i wanna make sure this is what i want and the money is kind of low, so besides the price of the sub i have roughly 1,000 to spend. what do i need?(not including the amp, but suggestions for the amp would be appreciated)

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 859
well, other then the sub and amp, you'll need a box, wireing, and depending on how much power you decide to give the sub, you'll need to do some electrical upgrades. larger wireing, alternator, battery.

do you have enough power to your speakers to keep up with the sub??

that subs a SVC 3 ohm, so its kinda odd to match up with an amp. the JL Slash amps work perfectly, same output from 1.5-4 ohms, 11-14.4 volts, and are underrated. i'd run a 1000/1 on it, but a 500/1 will work too. the only other brand i know of that works with variable resistances and doesn't affect the output are the Phoenix Gold Xenon series amps.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 924
^ , cant add anything to that unless you dont a good hu or components already

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5460
3 ohm really isn't drastically different than 4 ohm. Power output of an amplifier at 3 ohm is only slightly above that of 4 ohm. Say your amp puts out 20V, you'll have 20^2/4=100W for a 4 ohm load, 20^2/3=133.3W for a 3 ohm load. Not a ton of difference. With 1000W, it'll be a little over 1300 with a 3 ohm load. While 300W sounds like a lot of difference, you'd really have to double the power to make a significant difference audibly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us