AA Assassin 12", any good?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 996
Anyone have any idea how they will perform?

They have 350W RMS power handling, and I'm guessing will work in sealed or ported.

On the AA site they brag a lot about it's output, but compare it to the Avalanche. How loud was an Avalanche when they were around anyways?

I'm wanting something louder and better sound than V-Max's, and I know SE's can already do that.

But at $95 each for an Assassin, well, that price can't be beat! Any information, much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1065
on the website they compare it to the atlas, which i have 2 so, if the assassin is louder than the atlas one 15 would probally be around 135-140db range and if the sq is better than omg cause imo the atlas's have great sq, so for $95 i think i would be a good deal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1002
That's what I'm thinking.

1 Atlas 15" is about 135-140dB eh? I wonder what I could expect out of 2 Assassin 12's in an enclosure ported to about 30Hz...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1003
They don't make Assass 15's lol. They make Arsenal 15's...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1005
This is going to sound stupid too...But why doesn't AA put logos on their subs? Even RE does lol. It'd be nice to be able to say they are AA subs and have proof.

Because around here, people would think I just put some crappy woofers from Radio Shack in my car lol.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1066
LOL i've wondered that to, even though no one around here would even know about about AA it would still be cool, and even though i haven't had my system metered i was reading on another forum that some guy had 1 12inch atlas ported to 32hz and 400watts, was hitting 137db, so its very passable to do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1007
Well, where is "Hicksville" in Ohio anyways? I get the feeling it's not that far away from Wellsburg, WV.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2002
"But why doesn't AA put logos on their subs?"

i like the nondescript approach they are taking. i intentionally had my brahmas built w/o the logo for the same clean presentation.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2003
ended up inverting them anyway, though:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1012
Well I see.

I just wish someone on here would be the Assass guinea pig lol. I've talked to HexiBase from Team Toxic Bass on MySpace (that all rhymes lol), and he said the Assassins will outperform V-Max's in all categories such as SPL/SQ. So I'm guessing they'll get pretty dang loud lol. I think that's going to be my choice...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1014
Just got word from Hexi again.

He said the Assassins and Arsenals have shown to easily handle double their RMS values. Must be nice to get all this insider information...

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1067
well hicksville is up by toledo in ohio, its a small town i think its population is around 3000people so its not really that big.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017
Ah I see. Wellsburg isn't a very large town either...Not sure on pop. but it's in the upper northern part of the northern panhandle in WV.

Anonymous

"Because around here, people would think I just put some crappy woofers from Radio Shack in my car lol." - Tyler

And this is bad how? People won't try to steal them and when you do show them off sound-wise "Oh these cheap things. I think I picked them up at RadioShack" :-)

I know looks can be nice, but I don't show people my sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1034
So wait, you don't show people your subs? You never open the trunk and let them watch?

It's all good though, I'm ordering them anyways :P.

LMAO at the Radio Shack thing...Maybe I better take it out of my AIM profile that I'm getting these lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1886
i want a pair of arsenals. the price is really good too. but it said pre order so when do you guys think it will be on sale.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1040
The pre-sale orders are being shipped at the end of Jan. so I'm guessing once they're shipped, the pre-sale is over!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us