Weak pwr, good sound

Username: Mente

Post Number: 2
Hi all,
I too am pretty new to all this car audio. Just wanted to get an opinion on some stuff (any comments will help). Looking at the primere p770mp, any thoughts? looks like a really great hu for the cost, plus I like the idea of 4v outs. here's where it gets tricky... I have a RF 50x4 amp that i could run speakers from, or I could avoid the hassle of it all and just run it thru the hu. what do you think? maybe the 4v outs are overkill with this set up.

As far as speaks go... that's also a mystery to me. either way it's not going to be ultra powerful, but I'm really just looking for as high quality sound as i can get rather than window shaking Loudness! Can I do it with either config? I'm guessing i'll prob just want ~35watt RMS speakers, otherwise I'd be ruining them with underpowering. Either way, just trying to up the factory system in my new Xterra, and believe me, just about anything would do it!

Again, any comments would be really great! Thanks in advance!

mente

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2478
Any external amp will sound better than your headunit's amp. Just look at the size of the tiny heatsink on the headunit and you'll get the idea, heh.

For speakers, Infinity Reference or Kappa would be great. If you can afford Eclipse, then those would be slightly better. If the amp puts out 50w x4 maximum, 35w RMS speakers (or more) should be fine.

Username: Mente

Post Number: 3
that's what I was thinking... will the 4v outs make much of a difference? why do you prefer eclipse speaks? I can take 6x9s in the front and 5.25 rear, would you suggest trying to cram a comp system in there. the thing that i don't like is if i do this, the 2 tweets in the dash will essentially be useless (unless i try and run the comps up there... not sure). Maybe somebody knows if 3.5s will fit in the dash? Again, all opinions help... thanks to all!!

mente
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us