JL sub making a wierd noise?....please help

Username: Jaytome

Post Number: 1
I just installed a 500/1 amp to run my 2 12w3v2 but now one of my subs makes a noise that almost sounds like a loud bubble popping when i turn it past only about half power.i was wondering if any knew what could be causing this problem? any help would be apretiated...thanks guys

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 38
WOW...dude...mine do the same thing..there not JL...but the guy who makes JL made up these...i got totals...idk...my audio dealer said their made exactly like jls..and they sound the same too...

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 263
? Are you using the gain to increase the power or headunit? second question did you do as the manual said and set the gain and what not like it says to? i have a total 500.1 sitting on my bench right now that i used for over a year strong on a w3v2 12 and never had that problem. and every JL 500/1 i have installed on a set of W3's hasn't done that! i would check the setup over just to double check.....if all is good there take it up to the audio shop you got it from and ask them to take a look at it for ya!

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 18
check ur gian, i believe your amp and sub is clipping, the voltage of the amp to the sub is to high or low, just check ur amp or email ur problem to jl audio.com or go to a local dealer and ask for help. I remeber my sub use to make poppin noise too, then i set my gian down and it was better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us