Infinity Pefect vs Apline Type R

Username: Heavy_cn

Post Number: 7
Ok what I need to know is which sub is better the 12" Infinity Perfect 12.1d or the Alpine Type R. Why I need to know this is because the amp I have is an Infinity 1211A and instead of going with a Audiobahn AW1206T because the box would have to big a depth for my truck. Why not go with 2 of the Infinitys or Alpines in sealed boxes. A question though would be since my amp is mono does that mean I can wire 2 subs to it and If I can does that mean the RMS from the amp is cut in half?? Let me know, any input is appreciated. Thanks. By the way my truck is a 2005 Ford F-150 regular cab STX.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1866
i would go with the type r. and yes you can hook up more than one sub to a mono amp. and yea your rms would be divided to the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4308
The perfect will sound better, but the r will get louder and still sound nice. U can wire ur mono amp to 2 or more subs and it means ur rms is divided by the number of subs u have.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 818
id go with the r's

Post Number: 8
Ok well since the Infinitys are dual 4 ohms that means to my mono 1211A that would mean I could only wire it to 4 ohms which means I could only output 857 watts rms. So would that still be alright for the Infinity subs? Or should I go with just 1 Infinity Kappa Perfect? The box I would probably have to get is sealed because most ported enclosures are to big for my truck. I dunno loud is good but I thought hey I have an Infinity amp, I might wanna stick with Infinity subs, but I dunno. Just keep pouring out the suggestions (sub and box suggestions), any and all are appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4313
U could wire them at 1 ohm or 4 ohms

Use this

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4842

if want sound quality but Inf if u want sound quality with = loudness then Rs ........

Post Number: 9
So that means then I would be only getting about 427ish to each sub if I went with 2 Infinitys. Would I be better off just going with one then??? Rovin are you saying that you get better sound quality with the Infinitys with the loudness and that they are better then the R's?? Let me know. Thanks.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4315
With ur amp i would get the 2ohm R's, u could give each one of them 650 rms which is more than enough to get those sounding nice and loud

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4316
move up up up

Silver Member
Username: Biggyg9712

Post Number: 166
maybe its just me, but i would go with the infinity's, i have a type r in a ported 1.8cuft box tuned to 34hz running 750rms, and my friend has an infinity refrence running 350rms in the same box, i tried both of them in my car and got surprised, the infinity sounded almost the same as they type r, so my guess would be that the kappas would sound amazing

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 823
id go with the r's they're also a lil cheaper i think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us