New jl audio

Bronze Member
Username: Xbranman

Chattanooga, TN United States

Post Number: 87
anyone know what the specs are of the new w3v3? will this cause the w3v2 to drop in price?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 155
I sure hope so.. i could use another one

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1992
could you post some picks or links? i keep hearing this news but can't find any information. only that they resemble the w6 (cone).

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 845
you have to look at the CES Slide Show. its on the home page (once your in the mobile section), botttom right corner. theres no info yet, just pictures.

i doubt the prices will drop that much, when the W1v2's came out, the W0's didn't change much at all.

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 165
i took a look at the slide show and it looks like jl made a white 13.5 w7! its the one surrounded by the chrome amps. it doesnt just look like that in one picture, they have pics on realm of excursion.com too and it looks the same, maybe its special edition. check out the jetski too that thing is cool! = )

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 528
i think the new w3v3 will have either the same rms (300 for the 12's) or maybe 50 watts more 350. if they went w/ 400 that would be the same as the w6v2 and it wouldn't make much sense to do that. I'm mad at Jl for making a w3v3 i just got my w3v2's 6 months ago.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5437
If I had to guess, I'd say the W3v3 will be similar to the W6v2 in SQ, just with less SPL capability.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4556
Last time I talked to them they told me they were coming out with a new sub that would be in between the w3 and the w6, I am not sure if its the new w3 or something else though they wouldnt let the info go. They are building a new stealth box for my truck so I am pretty interested in the specs of the enclosure and which sub it comes loaded with:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Sexymuthafucker

Post Number: 25
whats the website for the CES Slide Show?

A link to it would be nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruckus

Oh

Post Number: 26
I dont mean to diss JL but I have 2 12w6v2 and I'm not really that impressed, I have been running them off a RF Power T10001bd that I have wired at 4 ohm(710W @ 4 ohm on the birth sheet), I built the ported box I'm using TO SPEC, with slot ports, and I have a 200 amp HO alternator, with 2 batts, and it is a very clean bass, but it doesnt carry very well, and the only thing I can say is that it is in a '84 ford f250 DIESEL...which is a loud truck, but i dont get the full effect i should expect, but I will be changing my vehicle to a 2006 toyota camry...I THINK, hope that helps....and if anyone has an idea why my 12w6v2 dont go BOOM BOOM like they should tell me....PS they due reach full excursion with my setup, and i dont even have to have my amp much past 1/2 to 2/3 gain...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1998
"and i dont even have to have my amp much past 1/2 to 2/3 gain..."

my guess is that might be your problem there. i would send a good 500w to each sub. you're sending roughly 300-350w to each, which is even below the yellow "optimum". then it sounds like you're overcompensating with your gains (depending on your HU). i personally plan on running 3, but you should definitely still be getting a full, "carrying" bass. the smooth, enveloping characteristic on top of the sub's tremendous sq is what i find appealing. it's no spl monster. just a pleasant driver.
that's my guess anyway

Bronze Member
Username: Sexymuthafucker

Post Number: 26
can somebody please show a link to the W3v3!!!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4326
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/index.php#

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 993
I want a link to that slideshow...A white W7 makes them sound "blingish".

Gold Member

Post Number: 1999
"A white W7 makes them sound "blingish"."

that's how i feel about the ss rl-s

Silver Member

Post Number: 1000
Could you tell me what an SS RL-S is? I think Chauncey told me once, but I can't remember...

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 166
the white w7
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
Ew...It's...Ugly...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4863
what would be different/cool is a sub made of totally clear material (cone ,dust cap & surround that is) ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2000
"Could you tell me what an SS RL-S is? I think Chauncey told me once, but I can't remember..."

soundsplinter rl-s
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rls_supreme_series_LMT_12_inch_and_15_inch_diy_subw oofer_drivers.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2001
that looks like a regular w7 to me.

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 167
it may be te lighting but all the thing around it are still reg. black and it looks like that in all of the pics

Gold Member

Post Number: 1013
Well Mike, I remember that site now, I found the prices to be too expensive for me, that could be why it so easily slipped my memory.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5441
"what would be different/cool is a sub made of totally clear material (cone ,dust cap & surround that is) ...."

SEAS and Scanspeak have speakers with clear cones.

"I dont mean to diss JL but I have 2 12w6v2 and I'm not really that impressed, I have been running them off a RF Power T10001bd that I have wired at 4 ohm(710W @ 4 ohm on the birth sheet), I built the ported box I'm using TO SPEC, with slot ports, and I have a 200 amp HO alternator, with 2 batts, and it is a very clean bass, but it doesnt carry very well, and the only thing I can say is that it is in a '84 ford f250 DIESEL...which is a loud truck, but i dont get the full effect i should expect, but I will be changing my vehicle to a 2006 toyota camry...I THINK, hope that helps....and if anyone has an idea why my 12w6v2 dont go BOOM BOOM like they should tell me....PS they due reach full excursion with my setup, and i dont even have to have my amp much past 1/2 to 2/3 gain..."

Carry like inside the vehicle, or outside the vehicle? Gain will need to be set less than half when running off of nearly any aftermarket headunit. Trucks aren't the best for acoustics anyway, so small. Stop the truck, roll your windows down and see if sound improves. Reverse phase of the subs (both of them) and see if that improves the sound. If you want a loud vehicle, get a hatchback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us