HELP! XO and EQ for the CDA-9855 HU....NOOBIE

Username: Fullofdreamz2

Cali

Post Number: 1
Hi im new to this and im in need of some advice. Ive read the other threads on the CDA-9855 and its just a bunch of complaining about how bad the design is. I like mine and I wondering if anyone knew how to set up the XO and the EQ. I dont have an external XO so need to set up the one XO in my HU. Also i cant figure out the EQ. Basically i dont know what frequences go where and what slope to use and such. Somebody please help me out. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2482
That's quite an esoteric and tedious explanation you're asking for =P Might be better to consult the manual first and then see if you can be a bit more specific so we can help you better.

Bronze Member
Username: Ilyawizard

Post Number: 22
If you're asking for how to get to set up of XO then press menu button for a few seconds, and pro menu will appear. As for actual setup, can't help you. You can also setup everything online via i-personalize, and then write it on cd and upload to HU.

Username: Fullofdreamz2

Cali

Post Number: 2
What i need help with is understanding what frequences my speakers should be played with and what the bandwidth needs to be for different speakers. Also the slope function in the XO how does that effect the sound. I have my sub set to 63 with a 24 slope and my speakers set to 160 with a 24 slope. I want all the bass out of my speakers and my sub to play all the bass.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1377
Yea, it's pretty advanced to be explaining over the forums. I'd try and find someone locally that can SHOW you...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us