RE SQ??

Bronze Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 17
I heard that the RE XXX will go low no doubt but it has no upper end bass(like in lil jon's bia bia)and whet it play it they sounds somewhat muddy if thats true what sub would give me both low as a XXX but the upper bass of another sub?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 868
thats not true, the response of the XXX, like most subs, will stay flat well into the midbass region, way above where you'd be likely to want it to play.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 528
well, if it's anything like the Avalanche, which i'm sure it is, they both used XBL motors... it does NOT perform very well up high. I can't speak directly about the XXX, but the Avalanche rolled off very quick above 50hz or so. granted my box was tuned very low...but the SX was much better up high in the same box.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5428
Above 60hz, the XXX plain out sucks, same goes for the Brahma and Avalanche. ID Max is better overall for SQ, as is the W6v2.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 873
The enclosure makes a huge difference. small peaky ported enclosures or bandpass, vs. a well designed ported or sealed setup will result in totally different responses.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 874
a 12" sub no good above 60Hz regardless of the enclosure? damn

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5429
Doesn't matter which size, enclosure, whatever. Sealed, ported, IB, AP, even the 10" versions of these subs are muddy past 60hz. Not impressed from any of them in that aspect.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 285
jonathan what song plays the 60 hz song you listen to?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5435
Any song with a bass line? 60hz and above is very common on any music material, especially rock.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 286
give me a song were they are using 60 hz often and higher threw out the song
just wanna listn to it:-)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1991
"Doesn't matter which size, enclosure, whatever. Sealed, ported, IB, AP, even the 10" versions of these subs are muddy past 60hz. Not impressed from any of them in that aspect."

agreed. i cross mine at 63hz. any higher and it lacks significantly. if you have a decent set of mid-bass', you'll be fine though.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5436
That's the key. A strong midbass driver will allow these subs to perform optimally since you can cross it over lower.

"give me a song were they are using 60 hz often and higher threw out the song
just wanna listn to it"

Get some alternative rock, maybe Nirvana Nevermind CD or something. Kick drums.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 987
Breaking Benjamin, 3 Doors Down, Hawthorne Heights, Between the Buried and Me, Bury Your Dead, Dead to Fall, Chevelle...The list goes on...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 988
The lowest a bass (kick) drum should ever be tuned down to is 45-50Hz, and that's pushing it. Being a percussionist, I'm aware of such things.

Although that's all based on the side of the drum head as well...A concert bass will reach lower frequencies by far than a 20" drum set kick drum.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5440
True. The majority of kick drums on rock albums have their fundamental freq. around 50-60hz, with harmonics sometimes touching 100hz, and the attack happening toward 1-2khz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us