Opinions on my opinion

Anonymous

ok, for a while now ive been trying to figure out if im a sq guy or a spl guy, seems that im a sql guy, dont blast it all day every day, only when i show it off, so i want it to be loud but sound good, anyways beside that, ive been thinking, ive tried 2 12's in a ported box because i love the lows, cant get enough of them, but i also like the higher bass notes too like in the song bia bia by lil jon, so one day i put on the song bia bia in my car after i installed my 2 12's in my dual vented enclosure tuned to 33 hz, and it didn't even play it anywhere near what it sounded like when i had the 2 12's in a sealed box, but see i changed to the ported box because the sealed wasn't hitting the lows how i wanted it to, so im stuck, i want the lows to pound and the highs to tingle my body, but i cant find a box that will do this for me with 2 12's, so ive thought and if i get 2 15's in a sealed box the extra surface area should cover for the lost lows from when the 12's are in the sealed box and it should hit the highs hard too right? im stcuk and if anyone knows of any other way please help

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1988
with the right subs, you can port your enclosure and still have exceptional sq. depends

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5185
The key is, "right sub(s)." You don't need a ported box to have great sounding low bass. JL W7 for example will give plenty in sealed and vented. RE X.X.X is the same.
From your description, it sounds like the xover is set too low on the amp.

Anonymous

well dont i have to have the lpf all the way to the lowest i have it at 35 hz out of 250

Anonymous

im confused so if my box is tuned to 33hz, dont i need to have the low pass frequency the lowest it goes because if i have it higher than 33 for example like 80, wont it cancel out any bass notes below 80.
so ill have crappy bass between 33 and 80?

Anonymous

bumpage

Anonymous

anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 867
no no, you want the low-pass on the sub amp set to 80Hz. If it was a high-pass filter, known as a subsonic filter when used with subwoofers, you'd want to set that to 33Hz.

Anonymous

why 80, doesn't that make bass from 33 to 80 quieter, than if i have it all the way down

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 870
if you have a low-pass filter (allows low frequencies to pass through it) set to 33Hz, then only sound 33Hz and below will be allowed to play.

Anonymous

ok your confusing me. i have a level for frequency that ranges from 35 to 150 on the amp, and i have a subsonic filter on the amp to that ranges from 15 to 40, so what do i set both of them to

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1532
Set the low pass to about 100-120, then the subsonic filter to about 30 and that should be good.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 872
personally i'd set the LP to 80 and the subsonic filter to 33

Anonymous

bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us