RF vs RE

Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 5
what would be the difference in sound between a rockford fosgate power T2 15" sub or a RE 15" SX or 15" XXX?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 955
Just go with the RE, you won't be sorry. You can't even COMPARE the RF subs to the RE's.

Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 6
dont the RE's go lower and have better sq then the RF's anyway?

Silver Member

Post Number: 956
That, and not to mention get louder while doing all of the previously stated. MUCH more durable too!

XXX is aimed more towards SPL, where SX could still be considered SQL.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4810
i thought the guys here said thats its the other way around ?............

Silver Member

Post Number: 960
I might be wrong, but I thought the reason RE offered the XXX and MT in quad coil is so that you could run an amp to each coil to provide more clean power for SPL burps and such...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4267
re=sql
se=sq
sx=spl
xxx=sql
mt=spl

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4268
^^^Although the sx is an spl sub, it has pretty nice spl, not as much as an se but still good.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4271
^^^Although the sx is an spl sub, it has pretty nice spl, not as much as an se but still good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 965
Ok, I stand corrected hehe. But still, no matter what, ANY RE sub trounces RF subs.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5425
"I might be wrong, but I thought the reason RE offered the XXX and MT in quad coil is so that you could run an amp to each coil to provide more clean power for SPL burps and such..."

SPL competitors don't care about clean watts. They like dirty, clipped, any kind of watt they can get :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5426
"Ok, I stand corrected hehe. But still, no matter what, ANY RE sub trounces RF subs."

Team RF will spank an MT in SPL. RF is coming back around, they aren't as bad as you think. RE is good stuff, but they're far from an end-all, be-all company.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 454
I think the T2 15 will have more spl than a SX 15. the T2s can handle massive amounds of power with no problems at all. there not bad subs but they cost too much for what you get.

The team RF sub has crazy SPL. just thought id say that.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 455
id also like to say RF is coming out/making a 15k watt amp (20,000watts rms at 1ohm). sure its going to cost more than anyone can imaging but still is pretty cool.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2839
Whats RF's best subs or subsetup if your looking for overall daily SQ/SPL mixture. I was looking at the 10's and 12's and 15's. I whould be either using 600 watt rms amp or a 1000-1200 watt rms amp. Have 2 amp options so looking for any suggestions on RF stuff. Never really used them before.
Is RF's subs as good as Alpines ?

Ive owned RE but was not impressed with the SX due to its SPL oriented sound in the ported TCAB enclosure.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 456
The new RF stuff does not have good SQ in my opinion its muffled and thick sounding. The T1 would probably be the best sub for the price/quality. They can get pretty loud in a good box.

MO u would probably love an IDmax. Great SQ and can get loud with 1000-1200watts.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2841
Ive been looking at the ID MAX 12 for a year now. Just waiting to get a new car and i will start my new system. ID MAX 12 isnt cheap either so im saving up money now along with the perfect amp for it. Not sure which amp whould the best match for it but i know jonathan has some ideas since he owns the ID MAX 12.

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
(In response to Jonathan.)

Hehehehehe, I see.

Oh well, I'm still a bigger CV fan than most of those brands anyways, mostly because my V-12F's are God's gift to the person who can only afford to spend $400 or so on a pair of speakers for his bedroom...And another $250 for a Behringer EP-1500, but ya know, most would disagree. (Running them from a Kenwood KR-6600 at the moment, 60WPC.) You'd be shocked at the SPL output with just 60W! I'm topping at 124dB peaks with just that power, 150W RMS is going to be insane...

So, which would win out, Team RF or (Not sure what they're called lol) "Team CV" in SPL? I'm putting money on the Stroker Pro...Oh well, I guess here comes my lecture on why they aren't so great...But still, CV has been making "loud" good sounding speakers for a LONG time, I'm sure they've got stuff down to a science by now.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4282
i would use a 1000/1 with the idmax, no point in buying a nice sub and not powering it with a nice amp

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2842
I rather get a Arc Audio amp for this but im trying to decide on which one and what arcaudio can do for me. Just waiting on a email of what they recommend for this setup.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 459
zapco c2k6.0x? 1200watts at 2ohm.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2843
Arc Audio XXK-2500 can do over 1000 rms at 4 ohm

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers/xxk_2500.htm

Thats the one im looking at now.

I understand that the ID MAX 12 is very efficiant even with 500 watts rms according to jonathan and that its not good to give it to much power.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 283
Tyler you need to listen to things before you respond the t2 gets loud!

Mo I aint heard that amp but from a dealer that amp is special. alot better then the 1500
good choice jonothan got me up on the arc stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us