Baseball, last box question i promise!

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 217
i just got me sx 15 in the mail 2day. the box u gave me is tuned to 28 hz, i will b able to hit lows like crazy w/ that, buy i also wanna get sum high decibals, so i wuz thinking maybe 30- 32hz. will this make a lot of difference in decibals for higher notes? and will it reduce the decibals of the lows a significant amnt? if it will do more good that bad, good u tell me how to make it tuned a lil higher?

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
bump, also, will the 3/4" mdf be okay or should i go w/ 1"?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 527
3/4 is fine, use a double baffle (2 x 3/4" MDF)

I'd stick with that tuning, it was very good. If you want to tune a little higher shorten the port. that will increase your net volume, but not by much and if anything that is good, the SX likes a little more room

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
what is the baffle? and what should i expect decibal wise w/ this setup?

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
umm this thing is kinda acting weird, in case no1 can c my previous post, i asked what is the baffle, and what should i expect decibal wise w/ my 15" sx in a 4 cubic ft box tuned 2 28hz powered by an re 12.1?

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 784
am you're going to put yours in a 4 cu ft box ?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 534
sorry AM, i dont get on here that much lol... um the baffle is basically the side of the box the sub mounts to. using two pieces of MDF (one on top of the other) for the side the sub mounts to creates a much sturdier box... as far as dBs, i'm not sure. 140-142 would be a good realistic range to say. much higher is possible though with the correct install. but regardless of number, it's LOUD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us