4 15s in my truck need some help

Username: Robertrose

Post Number: 1
Whatsup this is my first post on this board so here goes. Right now i have a ext.cab 99 dakota r/t, It has a basic panasonic deck,its wired to a coustic 400 rms amp that powers 2 rf p2 15s,that same amp then jumps rcas to a rf bd500 that powers 2 rf punch z 15s, the power cable is 4 gauge into a distribution block split two ways into 8 gauge into both amps. The boxes are premade ones you buy at a car stereo shop. i think they are like 1.5 square feet per sub. My main question is it almost seems quieter since adding the punch z's, so im like wtf! is it something is not tuned right? or just sound canceling or something else? both boxes face forward towards the seats btw. also should i maybe go with a ported box? Ive got some money to play with in a lil while but for now i just wanna pound for now and with 60 inches of woofer i think should be, but obviously not right now. OH yeah what is an optimal hz output on the amps for this setup?Also for future reference what is the most amount of 15s i could fit in the cab if i go with a wall or blowthrough type boxes? THANKS! to everyone. Robert

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 721
before you go putting alot of subs in there how about just gettin like 2 maybe even 4 if you have the money and want it that loud really good subs

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 725
couple of ideas for ya... 2 15'' type r's would be great..
also if you want to get really loud you can get 2 15'' sx's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us