Important, plz read

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 211
iv been told that the sx im getting will maybe hit 140 db. a guy i no has the state record in sc for his spl class, he has 2 poweracoustik fx's and he hit 155! wuts up w/ that? how does 2 poweracoustiks get louder than the sx, iv heard his 2 subs and they arent that loud, but the sx is supposed 2 b real loud, so wut happened?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 410
his AMP power is what happened...
He may have strapped each VC with a amp.
Or a real good box...

I bet if he blows em, he get another 1 for 1/3 the price of the SX

If the SX is powered correctly in the correct box it will hit that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
i hav found out that 1 of my friends mite b gettin a poweracoustik mofo, and that guy wuz gonna tune his box to 40 hz, that mite b what he did, he may hav tuned his box for pure spl and that would help him get up, he also seriously overpowers his subs, 2. also, about my friend, iv tried 2 tell him he shouldn't get a mofo, but i wasnt really sure what to tell him to get, he has a extended cab mazda truck, so w/e sub he gets will hav 2 fit, and hes going for mainly spl, but im sure any other spl sub will b more durable and better sq than poweracoustik, so wut do yall recommend

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
ill probly hav my box tuned 28- 30 hz, i wanna hit the lows, but if i did tune it to like 40- 45hz, w/ a re 12.1, how loud will i potentially hit?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 414
it just isnt that simple.
u will need to buy a meter and make numerous numbers of enclosures to see what best works with that sub.

Its a task people do everyday. lol
u should be loud enough.
r u competing?

Its SPL/SQL/ subs that will EAT those PA any day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
o no im just curious, i dont plan on competing, maybe in a school parkin lot & thats it. i want to hit low notes really well so mine is gonna be tuned to 28- 32 hz, its just i was makin sure those pa's arent louder than mine. where can i get it metered or buy a meter? also, what is the most spl ne1 here's heard of sum1 hitting w. 1 sx 15?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us